May 11, 2024, 12:36:02 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Post your cell phone thread

Started by Walter, September 10, 2012, 01:30:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

Quote from: lifetrends on September 11, 2012, 09:58:47 PM
lack of a microSD slot is kind of a deal breaker for me. and the fact that samsung manufactures the galaxy nexus ..  ghouldood;

the rest does sound nice though. maybe one day
What's wrong with Samsung? confuseddood;

Also, there's apparently a rumor that Google is releasing a bunch (3-5) of Nexus phones this fall from different manufacturers.

Quote from: Dovydas on September 11, 2012, 10:01:37 PM
that and a lot of carriers are restricting it ifeelbetter;
T-Mobile is restricting it too, but I downloaded its .apk from a mirror outside Play Store and it simply works because the device itself is supported. Of course, that's needlessly inconvenient and kills the ability to handle updates.

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on September 11, 2012, 11:09:19 PM
Also, there's apparently a rumor that Google is releasing a bunch (3-5) of Nexus phones this fall from different manufacturers.

yeah.  i fear it'll probably just be acer, htc and samsung though probably.  awdood;

one of sony's prettier android phones with a half-decent update cycles would be nice lol

bluaki

Quote from: Dovydas on September 11, 2012, 11:14:37 PM
yeah.  i fear it'll probably just be acer, htc and samsung though probably.  awdood;

one of sony's prettier android phones with a half-decent update cycles would be nice lol

Google bought out Motorola Mobility, right? Why haven't I heard anything about them actually using Motorola for things like the Nexus series?

Though they're limited to Verizon, from what I've heard it seems like Motorola is the main manufacturer that actually makes decent keyboard/slider smartphones.

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on September 11, 2012, 11:27:32 PM
Google bought out Motorola Mobility, right? Why haven't I heard anything about them actually using Motorola for things like the Nexus series?

Though they're limited to Verizon, from what I've heard it seems like Motorola is the main manufacturer that actually makes decent keyboard/slider smartphones.
Oh, duh.  I completely forgot about Google buying Motorola Mobility for patents goowan

And yeah, the original Droid I used was pretty good, I haven't used one of the newer ones

Snowy

??????

how can you afford all of these cell phones
cry;

silvertone

Quote from: Clucky on September 12, 2012, 02:49:59 PM
how can you afford all of these cell phones
cry;
30 dlolors a month family plan BiTch.

silvertone

also i am pretty sure no one else here pays 200 dollars for watermelon patches on their pants.

??????

i always assumed smartphones were 600-700$ because of how ignorant i am when it comes to developing technologies  giggle;

ME##

Quote from: Clucky on September 12, 2012, 03:03:12 PM
i always assumed smartphones were 600-700$ because of how ignorant i am when it comes to developing technologies  giggle;
they are if you don't buy them subsidised from carriers

??????

Quote from: Dovydas on September 12, 2012, 03:12:19 PM
tha ts how the illumanti gets yuiou

ME##

bluaki

Quote from: Dovydas on September 12, 2012, 03:12:19 PM
And if you do, you pay even more for them but over the course of two years bassir;

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on September 12, 2012, 10:09:26 PM
And if you do, you pay even more for them but over the course of two years bassir;
that's true for everything though srsly

snoorkel

Quote from: bluaki on September 11, 2012, 11:09:19 PM
What's wrong with Samsung? confuseddood;

T-Mobile is restricting it too, but I downloaded its .apk from a mirror outside Play Store and it simply works because the device itself is supported. Of course, that's needlessly inconvenient and kills the ability to handle updates.

samsung phones are "flimsy" to me

that's interesting though, if htc+google make a phone I'll buy it without even looking at specs

Go Up