April 23, 2024, 06:35:53 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Post your cell phone thread

Started by Walter, September 10, 2012, 01:30:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Walter

Post your cell phone in this thread. I have the shittiest phone on the fuckin planet, I can barely even text because the buttons stick. And the batteries run out really fast and I hate having to charge it all the time, I haven't touched the thing in over a week.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

silvertone

got rid of my black berry for
[spoiler][/spoiler]

snoorkel

[spoiler][/spoiler]

it's a good phone i like it

PLEASEHELP1991

haven't touched it, eh?
are you sure it is on your person at all times
I love [you]

??????

i have a nokia
it's as luxurious as you think it is
i wish i can text cry;

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler][/spoiler]

lol as if i really need a phone

ME##

one of those boring black rectangles from samsung

[hedy]Zidone

It's okay. I've [glow=black,2,300]never actually had a smurtphone before[/glow], so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

bluaki

snoorkel

Quote from: bluaki on September 11, 2012, 12:49:42 AM

are those as nice as they seem like they might be? I kind of want to try one next

Daddy

snoorkel

u slick coon

also circles by soul coughing is a great song

bluaki

Quote from: lifetrends on September 11, 2012, 03:47:57 AM
are those as nice as they seem like they might be? I kind of want to try one next
Mine (and that) is a Nexus S, but Galaxy Nexus is both better and cheaper now.

I haven't used any other mid-range smartphones, but some of my quick opinions which mostly apply to both Nexus phones:
Getting quick Android updates is really nice and probably the best distinguishing feature of these phones
No bloatware like other phones apparently have. The default Android home menu works well enough that I don't care to try out the alternatives.
Google Wallet (using NFC) sounds like it'd be nice, but I almost never go out places or have a chance to use it.
With the light use I normally have during the school year, its battery can last a second day if I forget to plug it in one night.
16GB storage with no microSD slot may seem limited depending on what you do.
I wish these things had a keyboard. It also doesn't seem like people sell keyboard attachment accessories for Android in general.
Nexus S (HSPA version) doesn't support 4G, which is a fairly significant drawback, but Galaxy Nexus does.

Aside from what I've heard on the Internet (and I don't look up this stuff particularly often), the only other phone I've used enough to compare with is my mom's Optimus T. It has a touchscreen which feels much harder to control, has bloatware, has carrier restrictions for things like tethering, and is all-around more annoying to use.

snoorkel

lack of a microSD slot is kind of a deal breaker for me. and the fact that samsung manufactures the galaxy nexus ..  ghouldood;

the rest does sound nice though. maybe one day

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on September 11, 2012, 09:48:41 PM
Google Wallet (using NFC) sounds like it'd be nice, but I almost never go out places or have a chance to use it.

that and a lot of carriers are restricting it ifeelbetter;

Go Up