September 20, 2024, 12:32:09 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Boyager families

Started by bluaki, August 05, 2012, 12:24:39 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LCK

my mother is a helpless old woman who i had to take care of in high school after my dad died
my sister is a bitch
my brother is eh

i moved away for school and rarely contact any family. ive been distant from all of them since my dads passing

i have 2 nieces and 1 nephew, i do like them, they haven't done anything yet

Hiro

I'm pretty close with my family, although not much lately since I live on my own. That's probably good though, because I need to not rely on them as much.

• My mom is great. She used to be a hair stylist but has worked at a school district coordinating school events for a while. She's always worked really hard to take care of the whole family and always has our best interests at heart, but she's really sensitive and easily upset. She cried when my grandma moved away, gets pissed off if someone leaves the house past 9pm or so, hates smoking and drinking, etc. She's just very nice and likes to sit at home and watch HGTV and wants everyone else do to the same.

• My dad the past few years has been a total piece of shit who "loans" money from anyone and everyone he possibly can, just got out of rehab for alcoholism, and last I heard he was going to move in with his bible-beater sister in Missouri since he can't take care of himself. Nobody in my family will talk to him anymore besides my stepdad and I and only but neither of us enjoy it at all.

• My parents have been divorced since I was 3 or so. My stepdad was my older sister's kindergarten teacher, but now he does remodel work and things like that. He goes between acting silly and nice to being a tough-guy asshole who yells at everyone. When he drinks (which is often) he complains about the faggots and niggers on tv and how my mom should go fucking marry obama if she likes him so much. He works really hard though and tries to be as helpful as he can, so usually we get long okay, even if our conversations are completely empty since he doesn't have much to talk abut.

• I have a twin sister who's very nice and responsible, she babysits/works at an elementary school and is at ASU to become a teacher. She lives at home, and is kind of similar to my mom. She likes to joke around with everyone which leads to some stupid fights with her and my older sister.

• My older sister is a part of my groups of friends and she's very silly/teenager-y/socially awkward and she likes to go out with friends at night and sleep all day and do nothing. She used to live with me but I'd been paying the rent in full every month so she moved back home. She's no longer in college since she's failed too many times to get financial aid from them, but she would have graduated by now anyways. She just got a job at least so hopefully she's getting her shit together.

• I also have a step sister and two step brothers from my step-dad who are I think 19, 16, and 14 now, respectively. The 16 year old is a pretty cool guy who likes to come visit us when he can and we get along really well. The other two seem to actively try to never see us anymore.

[spoiler=extended family]In Phoenix we used to live next to our uncle and little cousins (who are very smart kids) but because of a recent divorce we now just live next to our rude ex-aunt. My grandma on my mom's side moved away recently too since she just got married again, but she's excellent and really not very old. Grandpa on my mom's side is quiet but a nice guy, I hardly see his wife anymore. Grandpa on my dad's side died when I was a baby, and grandma on my dad's side died last year. My stepdad's dad died last year too but I only met him once as a kid anyways, and my stepdad's mom and step-dad are nice. I also have another uncle on my mom's side who has cute little kids, two uncles on my stepdad's side who are a hardcore redneck and a ex-addict turned priest. On my dad's side I have a religious-nut aunt who has like 11 kids, a rancher aunt who has (I think) 3 kids, another aunt who's just nice, a mentally unstable uncle, and then some uncountable number of half-relatives who I don't know at all.[/spoiler]

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

My mom and dad met when they were both like teenagers and had my older sister. Mom was young and neither one of them really "grew" after my sister was born. Mom is a strict christian and we get in arguments all the time over religion. She doesn't go to church anymore but she watched Joel Osteen every morning. Her mornings are pretty much her doing her makeup and watching televangelists til 12, after which she goes to take care of an old man. She's doing this on the side and is looking for A REAL JOB but the job market is shit in my home town.

I have mixed feelings about my dad because he was gone most of my life, but when he was there we was really cool. If you have seen "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia", then you've got a good idea of what my dad is like. At least the younger version of him. He was crazy and violent and did drugs all the time. There was a story my mom told me about when they were younger.

[spoiler]My mom and dad went to this poolhall (to meet my dad's friends) and Dad got super drunk. AS the night goes on, mom sees this guy (who we'll call Ricky.) Ricky's had a crush on my mom since like six grade, and was pretty pissed off that she went and got knocked up by my dad. Mom tries to keep an eye on Ricky for most of the night, but he slips away. Mom starts to panic and then she hears a loud crash. Dad hears it too, and they both dash to the parking lot. Someone busted out the windshield of my mom's pinto. Dad's really drunk and super pissed now.

"WHO THE HELL BROKE THE SHIT OUT OF MY CAR" (my mom's car)
"Donnie, I think it was Ric-"
"FUCK YOU DANNY YOU PIECE OF SHIT YOU MOTHERFUCKER YOU BEEN FUCKING WITH ME SINCE FOURTH GRADE."

So my mom drives my dad to Danny's house, cause you can't tell my dad anything. They get there, busted windshield and all. Dad walks to the shed thing in Danny's backyard cause that's where Danny hung out.

"DANNY YOU PIECE OF SHIT GET OUT HERE IM GONNA BEAT YOUR ASS I KNOW YOU BROKE MY CAR" (my mom's car)

Danny walks out with his two friends. Danny tells my dad that he wasn't at the pool hall, and that my dad is a crazy drunk sonuvabitch. Dad calls danny a faggot ass motherfucker. Danny and dad are screaming at this point. Danny's two friends go to my mom to try and talk her into taking dad home. She can't really do anything. Danny gets all pissed off and jumps at my dad. Dad catches danny is the throat with a right hook and knocks him to the ground where he starts beating the shit out of him. Danny's friends rush to get a hold of dad.

Each of danny's friends grab my dad by the arm and pull him off of Danny. Danny lies on the ground for a few minutes before he staggers up. He starts talkin shit to my dad. "You know you fucking asshole I ain't break your damn windshield but i sure as hell should have you fucking piece of shit.". This goes on for like fifteen minutes. Danny's just fucking talking shit for fifteen straight fucking minutes. Danny loads up a loogie in his mouth and he starts walking forward to spit it right in my dad's face. Danny's looking straight in Dad's eyes. Danny's maybe a three feet from dad when dad pulls himself up, brings his legs in, and mule kicks danny right in the goddamn face. Danny hits the ground immediately. His eyes wide open but blood gushing out of his face like a goddamn spicket without a hose on it. His friend's let go of dad. Dad spits on Danny and runs to the pinto. My mom and dad bolt out of there.[/spoiler]

Some times I'm really envious of my dad for being able to just do what he wants all the time. Then I remember he's fifty and getting out of prison for the third and that's not the life I want to lead. but the traveling and shit yeah why not.

My sister and I are extremely close and one of the few people I actually trust. I lived with her for two years in Asheville and she helped me grow a whole hell of a lot. without her I probably would've been a severe shut-in.

My grandparents are pretty cool. My mom's mom has pretty much raised me since mom worked all the time. I love my grandma to death. She's starting to forget things easier, and she had a brain injury several years ago so I'm afraid she's getting Alzheimer's. Her husband is kind of dumb but I love him. He helped raise me too and he took me fishing and shit. They both ran a non profit that helped out the community during Hurricane Floyd back in 1999 or so and it lasted til about last year. They lost the warehouse due to some shitty tax practices by my grandpa but they were getting old so it's for the best, I think. My mom's dad always asks where the bathroom is when he walks into a place and lives in a garage. Dad's dad is an asshole who I haven't seen since...6?

lmao this was a long post.

??????

i estranged myself from my family by moving into the city by myself lol

my mother's a post-traumatic victim who went through a variety of abuse while growing up, after when her father died when she was nine. when she was 17 she was paralyzed from medical malpractice and some months later recuperated and had a miscarriage caused by her mother. she found my father as an outlet to get away from her town and became a run-away kid.
unfortunately, my father was a wife beater
he came from a privileged background but witnessed an affair his mother was having when he was a kid, causing him to develop misogynous hatred among women. he'd lock my mother inside closets and other forms of domestic abuse.

growing up, my father was absent due to his alcoholism and his low-wage job in where he'd arrived dusted with paint and concrete shavings, immediately going to bed or shouting violently to my mother for things he'd perceive to be 'whore-ish". if he were to be too angry to go to bed, he'd just drink it off until he blacks out.
my mother had her energy sucked by her re-occuring nightmares (which turned out to stem from trauma), from her psychosomatic illnesses (mysterious pains, paralysis, auto-immune disorders) so she was practically a vegetable within the house, or out among with the doctors.

my brother has down's syndrome which took an incredible toll among my immediate family and he eventually became a pawn along with myself when my parents were going through a divorce. unfortunately it never gone through.
because his intelligence is stifled, he doesn't really do much.

my mother was living in miserable conditions, she seen me as the only resort and treated me like an adult, introducing me to topics like sexuality and about how men rape at a very young age. and because she was horrifically abused, she smothered me in protection and tried to make me believe that the world is very scary and i that i should never develop trust with anyone.

it worked until i reached my teens, and i just became consumed by anxiety and thus why i spent so much time on the internet <3

once i left my family a year ago in exchange for new york, my mother fell in a deeper neurosis and decided to give birth to a daughter because she felt so afraid of living with herself. when i asked why the hell she did it, she only gave a 'i don't know, i guess my purpose is to be consumed until i'm nothing more'

oh and my dad's incarnated <33

Daddy

??????

Quote from: Khadafi on August 05, 2012, 06:44:47 PM
wut
lol freudian slip~*~*~*
i ment incarcerated

i always like getting really high and looking at the mirror and freaking out that i'm seeing my father  lubdoods;

snoorkel

ncba93ivyase

My mom graduated high school at 21 and was in special ed. She's the only family member I talk to, but she's been pretty much completely alone since I went to college.

My dad's always been an asshole and I'd rather not talk about the things he's done. He probably hated me because he thought I was gay, and since he found out I got a girlfriend, he's been trying to mend things. I ignore him.

I've been living with my girlfriend for a few months and aside from a shitty first month together, things have been great.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

??????

Quote from: lifetrends on August 05, 2012, 06:46:55 PM
best one yet ^^
my mom just became blinded by religion
her life's consumed by the stuff
and because i'm an asshole i'd bring up her dreams
and she'd cry and say that she's in hell lol
because deep down she's always been against religion

besides her illnesses she's a nice per--, well, she never really interacts with anyone. she's a recluse and only speaks if she's going to a doctor's appointment. her last friend was a neighbor of ours who housed these foster kids and beat them (their names were geno, samantha and armando; sam had a crush on me, but she was one of those incredibly tall girls. geno was diagnosed with adhd and was beaten the most, and armando wore diapers until he was 6, though he wasn't mentally challenged)
my mother took care of our neighbor because our neighbor was old, until our neighbor accused of my mother for theft and robbery and placed us in debt for a couple of years until we won the case years later. they said our neighbor was experiencing dementia, but i don't think that was a case since she was sold the car my mother lent her for money to spend on drugs
but because of that experience, she developed prejudice among puerto ricans but we've all hated them anyways n__u

snoorkel

PLEASEHELP1991

Clucky, why do you bring up triggers with your mother? That's pretty cruel. awdood;
I love [you]

??????

Quote from: Patsy Stone on August 05, 2012, 07:19:57 PM
Clucky, why do you bring up triggers with your mother? That's pretty cruel. awdood;
TUFF LUFF

Hippopo

My mom is a very kind hearted woman who really loves to please people.  She admits openly that her goal in life is to make everyone love her.  Of course, this goal is impossible if you stay true to any beliefs.  Unfortunately my mom finds having as many friends as possible more appealing than believing in something, so she is very inconsistent and very puzzling to figure out at times.  It troubles me because I think she is a very smart woman, I just have no idea what her values are.  I don't know how she actually views the world.. if she has an actual view at all.

My dad is an interesting character.  He's quiet and goofy.  He reminds me of myself, and if you look at childhood pictures, we strike the same goofy poses and look almost identical.  We also stumble on the same words, pronounce the same words "incorrectly", and have the same tone of voice.  My mom cannot tell who is speaking on the phone because we are so similar.  Our relationship is okay.  My dad doesn't really show emotion that well.  He doesn't like talking to people, so he hides in his shop where he just builds things.  He just builds and builds and builds.  He loves mechanics, so that's what he does.  When I was younger, I found his absence offensive.  But now I'm okay with it.  I know that's just how he is.  I know he loves me, and I love him.

My older sister is a piece of work.  She's incredibly selfish and spoiled and always has been.  She knows how to manipulate my mom (not hard to do), and she gets anything she wants, often without any sort of gratitude.  She is incredibly, HORRIBLY competitive.  However, she is only competitive with certain things.  Anything physical, she immediately gives up.  Anything else, she'll do some pretty dirty things to win, and if she doesn't win, she'll explode.  When I was younger, I wanted to be her friend, and tried very hard, but she was too old and didn't see me as an equal.  When she moved back in with my parents after college, we became friends.  But once she moved out, she stopped talking to me again.  Now she lives in Florida trying to make herself happy...

My older brother was always the "problem child."  He tormented my sister and me consistently, and got into fights with my parents over trivial matters.  My parents sent him to a psychologist when he was thirteen, and he was diagnosed with being "spoiled rotten."  He's so incredibly hard to talk to because he only talks about himself.  I just can't bare to be his friend.  Currently my brother lives with college students and hasn't had a job for about four years.  Other than that, I really don't know much about him.

Norwegian Lesbians

My mother are in the process of getting a divorce after 28 years of marriage. Mother is a raging alcoholic. Dad is retired and works 2 jobs. My brother is separated from his wife of a year. One of my dogs died in April. Easter to be exact.

Fuck going back home. I'll never do it.
Shoo-Dang.

Go Up