September 22, 2024, 12:31:45 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

im shit at driving and i need tips

Started by 6M69I69B9, July 25, 2012, 12:28:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

July 25, 2012, 12:28:09 PM Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:40:54 PM by Original_MIB
okay so i got my permit (oh god lol 100% on test) and i need my driver's license before august 20.  family emergency, and i'm pretty much the only fucker who has enough free time to do shit

anyway:

i suck at turns
staying in my lane when turning
after turning, im scared of making the wheel go back on its own so i hold on to it god im so scared
i suck at parking
im so scared to reverse man, my parents don't even trust me enough to go into a parking lot that has cars
what the fuck is a 2, 3, 4, 5, x-point turn

fuck cars god damn it, bulky as shit.  i wish we all could have started with driving motorcycles before cars.  my dream is to ride a motorcycle and go to alaska
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ME##

put a shock collar on and shock yourself every time you make a mistake, it'll learn you good

don't let's

I don't have any tips for that stuff, but when you're taking the road test please, please make sure you come to a complete stop at the stop signs even if you never do it again. And don't speed.

Also, I still can't really pull into a parking space on the right, (unless it's one of those angled ones) if there are other cars around. I always feel like I'm going to hit the other cars or park too close.

snoorkel

I think the most important thing is getting used to the dimensions of your car and how far it extends each way, then you'll be able to do all those things very well... when you reverse, open your window and stick your head out to actually see where the outside of the car is. it helps at first. go a parking lot or local streets and just drive around for hours until you get a better feel for it

Daddy

-Make sure you put your turn signal on at least 1000 feet or 5 turns before you make your turn. You need to ensure people know you are turning. If you forget to do this just don't signal at all because people might get confused and think you're turning later.  Alternatively you can throw on your opposite blinker (right if you're turning left, left if you're turning right) to direct people to pass you on that side as you slow down to make the turn.

-When stopping to make a left turn stay to the right or in the middle of you're lane. Do not pull to the left because you might get hit.  When making a right turn, make a complete stop in the middle of the road before slowly making the turn.

-When you're driving and nothing is in front of you, make sure you tap your breaks every 30-45 seconds. this will ensure your brakes are working if you have to use them in an emergency.  If you start to slow down just speed for a second or two and continue doing this. 

-If there are two lanes and a car is slightly ahead on your left with its right signal on make sure you match its speed. It's trying to signal to you that you should be driving buddies.

-When parking in a parking lot, make sure that either your left or right wheels are on the lines marking the division between parking spots.  This is to help you park straight. Make sure you also line your back (or front) wheel up with the line dividing it from the spot across from you. This is a training line for lesser experienced drivers.

-Don't be rude. If there is a lot of traffic, be sure to stop and let every car make a turn into your lane in front of you.  They are wasting gas by waiting.

Snowy

Quote from: Dovydas on July 25, 2012, 12:34:51 PM
put a shock collar on and shock yourself every time you make a mistake, it'll learn you good

Commander Fuckass

I'll give you one tip:

-dont be asian
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Dovydas on July 25, 2012, 12:34:51 PM

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on July 25, 2012, 12:37:30 PM
I don't have any tips for that stuff, but when you're taking the road test please, please make sure you come to a complete stop at the stop signs even if you never do it again. And don't speed.

Also, I still can't really pull into a parking space on the right, (unless it's one of those angled ones) if there are other cars around. I always feel like I'm going to hit the other cars or park too close.

Quote from: lifetrends on July 25, 2012, 12:38:11 PM
I think the most important thing is getting used to the dimensions of your car and how far it extends each way, then you'll be able to do all those things very well... when you reverse, open your window and stick your head out to actually see where the outside of the car is. it helps at first. go a parking lot or local streets and just drive around for hours until you get a better feel for it

thank you

Quote from: Khadafi on July 25, 2012, 12:44:13 PM
-Make sure you put your turn signal on at least 1000 feet or 5 turns before you make your turn. You need to ensure people know you are turning. If you forget to do this just don't signal at all because people might get confused and think you're turning later. Alternatively you can throw on your opposite blinker (right if you're turning left, left if you're turning right) to direct people to pass you on that side as you slow down to make the turn.

-When stopping to make a left turn stay to the right or in the middle of you're lane. Do not pull to the left because you might get hit.  When making a right turn, make a complete stop in the middle of the road before slowly making the turn.

-When you're driving and nothing is in front of you, make sure you tap your breaks every 30-45 seconds. this will ensure your brakes are working if you have to use them in an emergency.  If you start to slow down just speed for a second or two and continue doing this.  

-If there are two lanes and a car is slightly ahead on your left with its right signal on make sure you match its speed. It's trying to signal to you that you should be driving buddies.

-When parking in a parking lot, make sure that either your left or right wheels are on the lines marking the division between parking spots.  This is to help you park straight. Make sure you also line your back (or front) wheel up with the line dividing it from the spot across from you. This is a training line for lesser experienced drivers.

-Don't be rude. If there is a lot of traffic, be sure to stop and let every car make a turn into your lane in front of you.  They are wasting gas by waiting.

is it bad that i don't get what i bolded, and why is it bad if a car to your left is going faster than you.  damn, im already frustrated with driving and it's only been like 5 days ever since i got my permit.  

god damn it

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Kefka on July 25, 2012, 01:01:22 PM
I'll give you one tip:

-dont be asian

my hair is always super saiyan when i drive

i hate it

Daddy

Bold 1) The joke was there a lot of idiots who throw on their right blinker before making a left turn. You go to pass them on the left and they are all LOL NOPE.

Same thing with the opposite. You go to pass them on the right since they have the left blinker on.

Bold 2) It's annoying when you're already sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and some fucktard stops and lets almost every car enter in front of him, just backing up traffic for the cars behind him even more.

And the speed on the left thing.  It usually means they're trying to pass you. You should stop accelerating or maybe maintain your speed (this depends on traffic conditions).  There are people on the highway that will be going 55 until someone starts passing them on the left then they suddenly shoot up to 75.

Travis

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Khadafi on July 25, 2012, 01:13:22 PM
Bold 1) The joke was there a lot of idiots who throw on their right blinker before making a left turn. You go to pass them on the left and they are all LOL NOPE.

Same thing with the opposite. You go to pass them on the right since they have the left blinker on.

Bold 2) It's annoying when you're already sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and some fucktard stops and lets almost every car enter in front of him, just backing up traffic for the cars behind him even more.

And the speed on the left thing.  It usually means they're trying to pass you. You should stop accelerating or maybe maintain your speed (this depends on traffic conditions).  There are people on the highway that will be going 55 until someone starts passing them on the left then they suddenly shoot up to 75.

i laughed at how i didn't get the joke because i'm so dumb with driving lol

also thank you so much jmv290

Daddy

oh god i realized if MIB takes my advice seriously someone will die. akudood;

Do not do what any of that post said MIB cnotedood;

Best case you may get your car keyed (parking).  Worst, you will die.

Quote from: Original_MIB on July 25, 2012, 01:16:44 PM
i laughed at how i didn't get the joke because i'm so dumb with driving lol

also thank you so much jmv290
You're welcome. giggle;

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Khadafi on July 25, 2012, 01:17:28 PM
oh god i realized if MIB takes my advice seriously someone will die. akudood;

Do not do what any of that post said MIB cnotedood;

Best case you may get your car keyed (parking).  Worst, you will die.
You're welcome. giggle;

lol i laughed more when i read this

also i plan on keying my own car for fun when i get mine

Snowy

I'm gonna drive home from work today and be car buddies with someone.

Go Up