May 09, 2024, 07:57:19 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

did music get really bad in the mid 70s

Started by silvertone, June 21, 2012, 06:59:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: vziard on June 28, 2012, 03:40:40 PM
plebs like zappa

ZaPPA's too DEEP for YOU.

I dunno, I like listening to his records. There's a lot of interesting, weird free-form depth tucked in a lot of his work that makes it all worthwhile.
Some people don't like to.

If you* don't, who cares?
If you* do, who cares?

Plebeian is a title as dead as the raccoon sitting in the middle of the road a few blocks down.

*As in the royal, collective "you".

silvertone

zappa is undeniably pretentious, i rarely use that word but i find no other that fits. some of his orchestrated pieces are really beautiful, but that is about it. He was Talented and he was creative, just a pretentious jack ass. i appreciate his stand for freedom of speech for artists but besides that  he is just OVerly PRETENTIOUS.

silvertone

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Rogger on June 28, 2012, 05:16:54 PM
zappa is undeniably pretentious, i rarely use that word but i find no other that fits. some of his orchestrated pieces are really beautiful, but that is about it. He was Talented and he was creative, just a pretentious jack ass. i appreciate his stand for freedom of speech for artists but besides that  he is just OVerly PRETENTIOUS.

I won't argue with that. It's pretty true.

silvertone

but let us look back on some good  free form

the can
the amon düül ii, lets forget the first
sun ra, jazz jazz jazz
gr8tfuldead maybe? idk.
the king crimsons?? ? ? mmm :)

Geno

Quote from: Rogger on June 28, 2012, 05:16:54 PM

Has nothing to do with his music though.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

silvertone

me003

Quote from: [khu]silver on June 28, 2012, 05:33:05 PM
Quote from: Geno on June 28, 2012, 05:28:52 PM
Has nothing to do with his music though.
lmfao
I agree character has a lot to do with music. Could you show me what you mean he's pretentiuos? I never got into zappa so I don't know.

On the other hand I think Van Halen came around in '78 and I'm not big on old bands but I'm just getting into that record.

Then there was Blue Oyster Cult and Iron Butterfly but I don't care for them.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Go Up