May 08, 2024, 03:00:46 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

did music get really bad in the mid 70s

Started by silvertone, June 21, 2012, 06:59:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

Quote from: Kana Minami on June 24, 2012, 12:14:10 PM
i think you really need to listen to the Berlin trilogy a bit more

they're essentially his mid 70s albums and they're fantastic, especially Heroes and Low

berlin trilogy wasnt until like 77??? the mid seventies were over

silvertone

I'm talking about a Short Period of Time, like couple of years.

things like nazerath and bachman turner overdrive

Samus Aran

imo BTO isn't even bad enough to complain about

they're not good enough to care about either though

they're just another bland band of the era with one radio hit they desperately clung to

nazareth is awful though

silvertone

Bland is Bad. It is Really bad. Bland is Awful

YPrrrr

June 24, 2012, 05:49:19 PM #19 Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:54:29 PM by NDDR
Quote from: Rogger on June 24, 2012, 11:53:03 AM
i think i should have clarified and said "rock" music

like right after led zep got big and that "hard rock" thing became a "thing" a lot of really bad bands came around (ACDC being the defining moment of that "thing")

i wans't thinking of any of those bands when U posted that

and what did david bowie release in the mid seventies that was good  ?  ?

it was like alladin sane then he dipped into some ok pop shit and then made good music and then made more boring music.
Also Marvin Gaye is a king. Perhaps his best years were right before the mid-70s but still...

Bowie's Station to Station is one of his biggest albums and the source of one of his famous personas.
Quote from: Rogger on June 24, 2012, 11:50:31 AM
all those bands are trash.
Well if you think the Clash are trash then I have no interest in your opinion of music anymore. Goodbye nyandood;

silvertone

Quote from: NDDR on June 24, 2012, 05:49:19 PM
Well if you think the Clash are trash then I have no interest in your opinion of music anymore. Goodbye nyandood;
Some People Call us Trash, but the Name is Crass Not Clash. we dont Want ur Punk credentials.

silvertone

YPrrrr

silvertone

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

im probably the only one who really liked young americans but that wasn't really a "rock" album.

its funny because these bands that you're complaining about are also bands that receive heavy rotation on my hometown's classic rock station. BTO, Nazareth, Kansas, Boston, Warren Zevon. My mother's favorite band was Black Oak Arkansas and they were so goddamn boring. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGAPhLK8qdk[/youtube]

Some of the people I have on my facebook are people that my parent's were friends with, and they all post about how music like this is "true rock and roll".

Also The Eagles were fucking terrible.

Samus Aran

yes the eagles are terrible goowan

i mean i like a couple songs but most of their material is either bad or terrible imo lol

also, i kinda like warren zevon

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I only heard that werewolves of london song (which I liked ok) and the sad bastard "im dying of cancer" album he put out before he died of cancer

silvertone

warren zevon was kind of like really cool.

i think i am just mad that more ppl know about Kansas than Darkthrone

Geno

Frank Zappa released some of his best material in the mid 70s. David Bowie put out some amazing stuff around then too.

Not to mention Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, and Animals in the mid 70s

So no, it didn't. You're just a bad person.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

silvertone

dsotm was early seventies.

animals was late seventies

wish u were here was pretty good tho

so was the david bowie stuff.

not giving U zappa

Go Up