McDonald's presents Uefa Double Cheeseuro 2012

Started by ME##, May 17, 2012, 09:11:09 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Dovydas on June 16, 2012, 06:22:00 PM
Qualification would have been secured if Portugal didn't win. 

A win or draw with Denmark secures top place finish as the maximum points Portugal can finish on is six.  A 1:0 or 2:1 loss for Germany and any Portugal win means Portugal/Denmark and Denmark/Portugal go through respectively.  If you want it explained in even more exhaustive detail, here you go: 

http://espnfc.com/uk/en/news/1099715/group-permutations.html ; n_u

Goddamn it... Well let's just win again then baddood;

ME##

Quote from: NDDR on June 16, 2012, 06:28:10 PM
Goddamn it... Well let's just win again then baddood;
Personally, I'm hoping for the Danes to equalise at 90+8, just to infuriate the Dutch after they watched their team battle to a 2:0 win and then switched over to watch the other game at 2:1 for the Germans.  sillydood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Dovydas on June 16, 2012, 06:33:12 PM
Personally, I'm hoping for the Danes to equalise at 90+8, just to infuriate the Dutch after they watched their team battle to a 2:0 win and then switched over to watch the other game at 2:1 for the Germans.  sillydood;
You are quite the sadist n_u

ME##

spaceman

i think a 4-2-2-1-(1) could work decently well befuddlement

ME##

QuoteNeuer; Bender, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm; Khedira, Schweinsteiger; Müller, Ã-zil, Podolski; Gómez

'If it isn't broke, don't fix it' approach?  And nice hundredth cap, Poldi. n_u

I wonder if he's hopping that Bender is a little bit more ambitious and goes forward more than Höwedes would? befuddlement

ME##

Boa, Germany needs your jumping skills.  Also Jesus Christ, Neuer.   >_<'

ME##

of all the people to win it for germany, lars bender?  seriously? srsly 

[spoiler]i guess national team fans from cologne have their new twink icon though.  sillydood; [/spoiler]

YPrrrr

I feel like the highlight was probably somewhat biased towards the Danes to make it more dramatic, but jeez Germany you made qualification a little too exciting for 9 points in group

ME##

June 17, 2012, 05:47:41 PM #99 Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 05:51:03 PM by Dovydas
Quote from: NDDR on June 17, 2012, 05:25:33 PM
I feel like the highlight was probably somewhat biased towards the Danes to make it more dramatic, but jeez Germany you made qualification a little too exciting for 9 points in group
Yeah, I mean for as long as the game was level I guess I really never felt that the Danes could pip the Germans by getting a second goal.  Badstuber completely let Bendtner all over him for their goal though.  All in all, it was a similar not-great-but-not-terrible performance like the Portugal game. 

Hopefully the Germans show a lot more desire to just rip the Greeks apart at the beginning, they've started out pretty poorly in every match and grown into it so far.  But I'm not really sure how many of the players are ruthless like that on this German team, Reus or circa 2010 Müller is all I can think of? befuddlement

ME##

spaceman

say what you will about the irish, at least we're consistent.

ME##

thank you, sverige, for ruining france's unbeaten run sillydood;

ME##

June 22, 2012, 05:34:32 AM #103 Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:14:22 AM by Dovydas
QuoteBILD is reporting that Klose, Reus, and Schürrle are starting for Gómez, Müller, and Podolski tonight against Greece

This seems a very un-Löw thing making three changes... Especially since Podolski and Müller just started actually getting involved in the action more in the Denmark game confuseddood; confuseddood;

ME##

Oh boy, it'll be interesting if something goes terribly wrong in this match and people start questioning Löw about not starting Gómez  n_u

Go Up