September 28, 2024, 03:21:05 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Artists you can listen to anytime.

Started by Josh, March 11, 2012, 02:04:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Josh

Who's the one artist or band that you can listen to regardless of mood, atmosphere, circumstance, etc?

Even though I love Incubus (they're my favorite band) I can't listen to them unless I'm in the right mood. But I do have an artist that I can always go to for something great:

Beck. I listen to him every day just because I love his music so much, he's pretty much my go-to guy when I'm not in the mood to listen to anything specifically.

Samus Aran

Interestingly, I can't listen to Beck anymore unless I'm a Beck mood. It's really that specific.

I can think of a few bands that I can listen to pretty much any time, though. Flaming Lips, School of Seven Bells, Beatles, The Who, Pixies...

And lately, it's been a ridiculous amount of Melvins and Boris, regardless of mood, so I might as well note them as well.

snoorkel

[spoiler][/spoiler[/url]]

i think my moods go by genre, some days I only listen to jazz or metal and other times i don't want to listen to anything but hip ghop ((not that these are the only genres I could listen to o nan average day))

ikanaide

silvertone

Josh

snoorkel

Josh

6M69I69B9

Mine are mostly bands/groups, and some have only like one to three songs I enjoy, but anyway:

Death From Above 1979 (THANK YOU, Kaz.  Oh God.)
Femme Fatale
This Town Needs Guns
Sebastien Grainger
The Seatbelts
Tokyo Jihen
Force of Nature

And...maybe some others that I forgot.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

piano moths

hmmmmm

probably Flying Lotus, Boards of Canada, CocoRosie
kill them w kindness

Socks

definitely the beatles, and some form of hip hop (too many artists), maybe classical too. but mostly, i'll listen to mother nature.

strongbad

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

piano moths

kill them w kindness

me003

Aalo Guha
Masta Ace
Dutchmassive
Fat Jon
Skream
Joker
Kromestar
Cluekid

Interesting; half hip hop, half dubstep.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Go Up