May 11, 2024, 03:58:49 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

new windows logo

Started by Hiro, February 21, 2012, 12:56:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PLEASEHELP1991

four blue screens
doesn't that hold a negative connotation to microsoft
I love [you]

snoorkel

Quote from: Edina Monsoon on February 21, 2012, 04:39:40 PM
four blue screens

lol

post that thing you showe dme about windows 1985 til now felt  goowan

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

YPrrrr

It looks like a window

I approve thumbup;

strongbad

meh it's not horrible
and it's just a logo

but the phone/desktop integration does scare me. i'll just use linux if i can't handle it i guess

Socks

too templar, but hey, at least it makes me feel good for having windows 7.

Hiro

i actually like the interface for windows 8, but i'll have to try it out before seeing if it's better/worse than win7
i wouldn't want it to be any more simplified and whatnot though, the direction they're going in is a bit concerning. luckily you can switch to a standard interface on 8.

Quote from: Edina Monsoon on February 21, 2012, 04:39:40 PM
four blue screens

this made me laugh so much please tell me you came up with that yourself

Hiro

February 22, 2012, 12:28:37 AM #22 Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:33:28 AM by Hiroglyph
Things regarding the standard desktop interface:

http://windows8beta.com/2011/12/new-windows-8-pre-beta-build-screenshots-leakedas-we-inch-closer-to-final-beta-release
http://microsoft-news.com/screenshots-of-windows-8-build-8220-shows-start-orb-removal/
http://www.winbeta.org/news/more-windows-8-consumer-preview-build-8220-screenshots-leak

^this new AeroLite theme looks wonderful  O_0

also, looks like they're getting rid of the start button and replacing it with a "charms bar" that comes up when you hover over the right side of the screen:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler](what is up with that recycle bin lol)

ribbon on windows explorer:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

looks very disjointed right now but it's definitely coming along more since the previous version I saw. I'm thinking by the final version we'll have a really nice-looking setup for those who don't want to use the tablet ui. wrench;

As for the new logo, I still think it's pretty mediocre but I don't really hate it. It kind of makes sense with everything.
Oh, and a consumer preview will be available Feb 29th.  hocuspocus;

Thyme

still looks like a flag 5thgrade;

Quote from: vziard on February 21, 2012, 04:37:55 PM
it's awful

enjoy your fully-featured desktop operating systems while you can, soon your choices will be between Windows Phone Desktop and iOS for Mac ((with the ability to have 200 apps on your launch screen instead of 16))  akudood;

oh god

OH GOD smithicide;

don't let's

Something about that font and that shade of blue doesn't mesh quite right for me

don't let's

Quote from: vziard on February 21, 2012, 04:37:55 PM
it's awful

enjoy your fully-featured desktop operating systems while you can, soon your choices will be between Windows Phone Desktop and iOS for Mac ((with the ability to have 200 apps on your launch screen instead of 16))  akudood;
Well once everything becomes a touch screen...

Thyme

ME##

imagine once you have to use a specific app store for all of your application needs? myface;

Go Up