April 20, 2024, 08:21:08 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, February 20, 2012, 03:22:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 21, 2012, 07:14:36 AM
i played less than halfway through pokemon white because the grinding was fucking retarded compared to previous games. the pokemon don't have their first evolution until like level 50 and getting experience is harder than ever.
lol what
i would beg to argue that gaining experience is much easier as long as you have the lucky egg
I love [you]

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Edina Monsoon on February 21, 2012, 07:35:09 AM
lol what
i would beg to argue that gaining experience is much easier as long as you have the lucky egg
maybe i'm retarded but it seemed like pokemon changed the experience system so that you get less exp as your level goes up

e.g. a level 20 enemy gives you 100 exp when you're at level 15, but gives 2 exp when you're at level 25

i know in sapphire and pearl that leveling up took less than half the time that white took

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snowy

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 21, 2012, 05:34:09 PM
maybe i'm retarded but it seemed like pokemon changed the experience system so that you get less exp as your level goes up

e.g. a level 20 enemy gives you 100 exp when you're at level 15, but gives 2 exp when you're at level 25

i know in sapphire and pearl that leveling up took less than half the time that white took
Isn't that how it's supposed to work? akudood;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Snowy on February 21, 2012, 05:35:32 PM
Isn't that how it's supposed to work? akudood;
I don't recall it ever working like that before. I remember a level 5 Pidgey giving like 5 EXP no matter what your level was.

Black and White took more grinding than SMT, Dragon Quest, and Final Fantasy combined, so I gave up.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snowy

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 21, 2012, 05:40:59 PM
I don't recall it ever working like that before. I remember a level 5 Pidgey giving like 5 EXP no matter what your level was.
No I'm not say that that's how it's always worked, I'm just saying; isn't that how leveling works? befuddlement Should you get less xp the higher your level is than theirs?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Snowy on February 21, 2012, 05:44:09 PM
No I'm not say that that's how it's always worked, I'm just saying; isn't that how leveling works? befuddlement Should you get less xp the higher your level is than theirs?
Depends on how it works.

If it's a game where it always takes 100 exp to reach the next level, then yes; if it takes 100 exp to reach level 10, 200 to reach level 11, 300 to reach level 13, etc, then no, because you have to beat an exponentially large number of enemies just to make the slightest bit of progress. akudood;

SMT balances this by giving you constant access to new enemies and the ability to fuse demons at any time, while Black and White introduced maybe 4 new Pokemon per area that wouldn't evolve until they reached level 50.

Nyerp

bluaki

Yes, black and white did indeed make experience gain now depend on the level of the Pokemon gaining the experience, but unless you're grinding on enemies over like 15 levels below yours, the new exp equation actually gives you more experience than it did in previous games

Because I play through the story in Pokemon games with only using 2-3 battlers actively, I never have a problem with needing to grind until the post-story stuff; just facing the trainers I pass by, never intentionally killing wilds, is more than enough experience to complete the story with in any Pokemon game.

Himu

out of every game i've ever played, i've only completely beat like 3 n_u

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I'm in the same boat as hime. I don't really complete games. I just play them til I get bored

however i've beaten more than three goowan

ikanaide

ME##

Quote from: Himu on February 24, 2012, 11:53:31 PM
out of every game i've ever played, i've only completely beat like 3 n_u

which are? cry;
Quote from: ikanaide on February 25, 2012, 06:31:02 AM
I am too good

better than kaz?

ikanaide

ME##

Quote from: ikanaide on February 25, 2012, 09:45:23 AM