April 27, 2024, 01:10:27 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Feeling lost...

Started by Cosmic Ada, February 10, 2012, 08:57:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

piano moths

stay busy busy make things don't look to external things for comfort or happiness because you have to find these things within yourself first don't get distracted and go on on on
kill them w kindness

just1more

Quote from: gumy on February 10, 2012, 09:04:56 PM
Negative, god's love is Real to people who can convince themselves it is. it is life changing.

This is something I've definitely begun to realize lately. I had always confused the concept of God as something or someone that was supposed to exist in our physical realm of existence, affecting everything we see and do. Which is why I previously didn't believe in religion or spirituality. But as I grow older, I realize that spirituality is on a separate plane from the physical. Spirituality is the continuum of good and evil. Every set of spiritual and religious beliefs has this core set of ideals: Good vs. Evil. In Christianity, for example, God is the force of everything Good (joy, love, happiness, peace, justice, rationality, order, forgiveness), whereas the Devil is the force of everything Evil (wrath, hatred, grief, greed, war, injustice, irrationality, chaos, grudge).

The idea is to be more good than evil, as it is a continuum in my view. It is impossible to be perfect, as only "God" is perfect. But that doesn't mean you can't strive to be perfect. In fact, the more good you do, the closer you come to perfection, then the "higher" you become and the closer you are to God.

I speak in Christian terms of God and devil as I am most familiar with that set of beliefs, but I don't want to be limited only to Christianity. In fact, once I have a real job and don't need to give up my weekends anymore, I intend on attending my local Unitarian Universalists Fellowship to learn more about many religious belief systems.

Socks

Quote from: yoseph on September 26, 2012, 07:31:39 PM
In fact, once I have a real job and don't need to give up my weekends anymore, I intend on attending my local Unitarian Universalists Fellowship to learn more about many religious belief systems.

you know, you don't have to do this. yes, religion is a belief, but belief does not have to be religious. this is why my family is god, and there is nothing religious about that. i have all the morals of good and right embodied in their struggle for existence. it's the biological holy bible that has led up to me. i have to respect this. otherwise i disregard all their effort and belief, and the entire fabric of what sustains humanity comes crashing down. you don't need a church, you need love.

Go Up