April 18, 2024, 12:57:16 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Feeling lost...

Started by Cosmic Ada, February 10, 2012, 08:57:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cosmic Ada

Even on otherwise happy days, do you ever suddenly feel so lost and asking yourself "why do I even try"?

Yesterday, for example, I woke up, showered, got dressed etc. for work. Walking out the door to my car, I stop and think "Why do I even bother doing this?"

Will my efforts be showered with rewards? Sure money is gained consistently. But for what purpose? Will I still end up just living in the same shitty apartment forever?

Gah, I feel so empty today. I don't know why.

silvertone

you feel empty because you have not convinced yourself that God exists and God Loves you. we all feel this way (even the diehard christians)

Cosmic Ada

Quote from: silvertoné on February 10, 2012, 08:58:35 PM
you feel empty because you have not convinced yourself that God exists and God Loves you. we all feel this way (even the diehard christians)
God existing would not change my opinion of him.

silvertone

Quote from: Super on February 10, 2012, 09:02:51 PM
God existing would not change my opinion of him.
Negative, god's love is Real to people who can convince themselves it is. it is life changing.

Travis

God passed a way a few year ago

silvertone

Socks

I look to the sea,
reflections in the waves spark my memory.
Some happy, some sad,
I think of childhood friends and the dreams we had.
We lived happily forever, so the story goes.
But somehow we missed out, on the pot of gold.
But we'll try best that we can to carry on...

Andria

Quote from: Socks on February 10, 2012, 09:49:46 PM
I look to the sea,
reflections in the waves spark my memory.
Some happy, some sad,
I think of childhood friends and the dreams we had.
We lived happily forever, so the story goes.
But somehow we missed out, on the pot of gold.
But we'll try best that we can to carry on...
may I ask who or what that is from? It really is a perfect match for this thread and I rather like it. It speaks to me

Socks

Quote from: Echo Weiss on February 10, 2012, 09:59:18 PM
may I ask who or what that is from? It really is a perfect match for this thread and I rather like it. It speaks to me

you may ask and i shall tell you, it is 'sailing away' by a group called styx. and echo i know we often joke a lot on here about this but i mean this with as much compassion in my heart as i possibly can when i say i lament greatly if you were not previously aware of this majestic song... but this only means that you will enjoy it all the more fully, and in pure form. i love it very much, and it speaks to all of us.

Andria

Quote from: Socks on February 10, 2012, 10:14:11 PM
you may ask and i shall tell you, it is 'sailing away' by a group called styx. and echo i know we often joke a lot on here about this but i mean this with as much compassion in my heart as i possibly can when i say i lament greatly if you were not previously aware of this majestic song... but this only means that you will enjoy it all the more fully, and in pure form. i love it very much, and it speaks to all of us.

I have in fact heard it a few times, but never enough to remember and recognise lyrics which I am completely terrible at.

Socks

Quote from: Echo Weiss on February 10, 2012, 10:20:03 PM
I have in fact heard it a few times, but never enough to remember and recognise lyrics which I am completely terrible at.

come sail away with me echo, we'll never become lost, because we'll always follow you. come sail away with me echo.

snoorkel

whenever i feel like that I just work really hard on making something I'd always wanted to make but never had (even like small features on my websites) and instead of not giving a shit because I Feel Like it I force myself to complete every last detail I imagined and then step back to look at it and realize it's still absolute Shit, and remember why I started feeling like shit in the first place, then scrap everything and smoke pot to help me imagine how I could be Anyone But Myself

Socks

Except to someone else it doesn't look like shit but looks great unless there it nothing there in which case it looks like nothing.

snoorkel

??????

yes
then i try to see why i'm feeling very lonely
and most of the time it involves me trying to separate myself
then those existential questions glitter with potential possibility
but i'm already so lazy so i just take a very nice nap

Go Up