April 18, 2024, 05:15:11 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, February 09, 2012, 10:09:22 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: MF Doom on February 09, 2012, 08:23:09 PM
I don't understand why people turn into such elitists with 'casual' internet users using memes. All it means is that more people are using and appreciating the internet. If they're not using them correctly, instead of being an elitist asshole, tell them how to use it right.

hurr hurr i'm so hardcore i knew about rage faces before reddit  madood;

personally i just generally avoid those sorts of people entirely

i don't think they're funny so i ignore them

then again, it's not hard to avoid them when i don't even go to facebook, reddit, 4chan, or almost anywhere else they'd typically be used

don't let's

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on February 10, 2012, 10:15:28 AM
Bitching is how you eliminate dumbass trends.
That's actually how you perpetuate them too. Especially if you're really outspoken and dramatic about it, because you'll also raise more awareness about it, among other things.

don't let's

Quote from: Snowy on February 10, 2012, 03:56:35 PM
Ok now you're just getting annoying with this "I'm better than you because I don't complain about annoying shit" attitude. doodthing;
And you, why does that affect you? Why do you let it affect you? It's just somebody over the internet who you'll never really know. And even if it was somebody you knew in real life, why would you let it affect you?

All in all, it's all meaningless. Everything.

don't let's

I don't think he's really trying to come off that way though or be that way. I think that's just his general disposition towards these things and it is a disposition that works and it would be a good one to have towards a lot of things in life, not just internet memes.

I think that (some of) you guys just don't care to hear what he's saying so you try to vilify him as an "elitist" thinking that that will somehow negate what he's saying and his outlook on this. When it actually doesn't do anything to his argument. Even if he was an elitist about this, who cares? What he's saying ain't too far off the mark of what should be done about how to deal with these things in a constructive, somewhat decent or respectful manner.

Samus Aran

WOW LOTE YOU'RE SO FUCKIN ELITIST

Samus Aran

Nyerp

don't let's

I feel like I should maybe change my name back to LiveOnTheEdge for a while. It's been a long time.

Classic

Imagine that. Strongbad's on his high horse.

silvertone

I must have lucked out because i never contact memes or hear people say them irl.

strongbad

Quote from: Bert Schnick on February 11, 2012, 03:53:21 AM
Imagine that. Strongbad's on his high horse.

what did i do to deserve this comment?
i'm literally just voicing my opinion like everyone else
fuck off

Samus Aran

this thread is getting a bit ridiculous

Nyerp

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: silvertoné on February 11, 2012, 02:29:45 PM
I must have lucked out because i never contact memes or hear people say them irl.
the ghost with a boner the ghost with a boner the ghost with a boner
I love [you]

Thyme

Go Up