April 23, 2024, 01:03:17 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, February 09, 2012, 10:09:22 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

ME##

Quote from: Zidone on February 09, 2012, 06:10:49 PM
Image macros/"rage comics" have Fully Infiltrated American Plebeian Society. It's depressing. Not even the Chuck Norris facts bullshit was this popular. :'(

just imagine how much worse it gets as 'social' networking continues to grow awdood;

strongbad

I don't understand why people turn into such elitists with 'casual' internet users using memes. All it means is that more people are using and appreciating the internet. If they're not using them correctly, instead of being an elitist asshole, tell them how to use it right.

hurr hurr i'm so hardcore i knew about rage faces before reddit  madood;

[hedy]Zidone

Image macro memes have never, ever been funny. I don't think I've ever even chuckled at a rageface comic, but at least they were tolerable before they got all mass-produced.

Quote from: MF Doom on February 09, 2012, 08:23:09 PM
If they're not using them correctly, instead of being an elitist asshole, tell them how to use it right.

You still come off as an elitist asshole when doing this, and people don't care about getting their jollies the "right" way

don't let's

You guys have to learn to transcend beyond all of this stuff, neither using, nor condemning, nor thinking about this stuff in any kind of context. Only then will you achieve true freedom and peace from these so called "abominations" that torment your minds so fervently with such destructive power making you crumble.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: MF Doom on February 09, 2012, 08:23:09 PM
I don't understand why people turn into such elitists with 'casual' internet users using memes. All it means is that more people are using and appreciating the internet. If they're not using them correctly, instead of being an elitist asshole, tell them how to use it right.

hurr hurr i'm so hardcore i knew about rage faces before reddit  madood;
the point is they're too dumb to realize they're using shit improperly and they actually think they're funny akudood;

Mainstream "memes" were never funny, but at least these "rage comics" involved people drawing their own faces. That is, until they got to reddit and began copying and pasting faces everywhere. There's a obvious schism between comics made by 4channers/"hardcore internet users" and the facebook/reddit crowd. The former take the 15 seconds to draw a comic and make a joke or express something others can relate to; the latter copy and paste faces and make it a comic about "me." akudood;

And don't even get me started on the "advice animals" bullshit, because those were seriously made to piss people off. People were sick of it the day advice dog started going around the internet and people kept posting them because they knew they were retarded. Redditors and facebookers actually think they're funny. akudood;

If you're proud of buying into or accepting a terrible fad, then you're even dumber than I thought. Bitching is how you eliminate dumbass trends.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

if they're not funny then ignore them
you don't need to be an elitist asshole

"wow you think that's funny. you don't even know what funny is"

i'm not buying into anything. i think most memes are stupid. but that's okay. there's a lot of things out there that people enjoy that i think are stupid, yet you don't see me telling people that i'm better than them because i don't like dane cook or family guy (although i'll happily voice my opinion if someone asks)

QuoteIf you're proud of buying into or accepting a terrible fad, then you're even dumber than I thought. Bitching is how you eliminate dumbass trends.

really? some people who spend way too much time on the internet complaining because the majority of society isn't using their exclusive little jokes right? yeah i'm sure that's going to make one hell of an impact bro

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: MF Doom on February 10, 2012, 10:38:18 AM
if they're not funny then ignore them
they're fucking everywhere

they're unavoidable

they've ruined the internet

you're a goddamn dumbass

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on February 10, 2012, 10:41:25 AM
they're fucking everywhere

they're unavoidable

they've ruined the internet

you're a goddamn dumbass

this is so overly dramatic it's sad lol
maybe you should just do yourself and everyone else a favor and spend less time on the internet

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: MF Doom on February 10, 2012, 10:50:04 AM
maybe you should just do yourself and everyone else a favor and spend less time on the internet
agreed
I love [you]

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: MF Doom on February 10, 2012, 10:50:04 AM
nice suggestion

except they're in real life

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler]dumbass[/spoiler]

strongbad

it's called ignoring them instead of pointless bitching
there are so many people in real life who i cannot fucking stand. do i sit around complaining that life isn't worth living because of people that i dislike? nah dude i just don't involve myself in their existence and everything works out

PLEASEHELP1991

i imagine lawlz to be a walking trollface in real life
I love [you]

ikanaide

Quote from: Dead End Moon on February 09, 2012, 10:17:44 PM
You guys have to learn to transcend beyond all of this stuff, neither using, nor condemning, nor thinking about this stuff in any kind of context. Only then will you achieve true freedom and peace from these so called "abominations" that torment your minds so fervently with such destructive power making you crumble.

strongbad

Quote from: Snowy on February 10, 2012, 11:19:20 AM
I think my only real complaint is that some of my friends inject memes into our normal conversations.

man that's a huge complaint
life's rough

Go Up