July 04, 2024, 02:54:50 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

China

Started by Socks, February 02, 2012, 10:56:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

February 02, 2012, 10:56:57 AM Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:00:14 AM by Socks
I don't want to attend school today so I got a little high. But in the process I decided that I wanted to plan an amphibious operation of decent caliber toward a recent newsworthy landmass. I decided the South China Sea, because it is logical, and offers high end campaigns against the PRC. So I went to Perry Castenada for some fine high resolution topographic and joint operational charts by various US government agencies of the region in question. I went and looked up Woody Island, which the little commie bastards have colonialized, and decked out with some impressive tourist features, a military grade runway, aircraft maintenance, parking ramps, concrete bunkers, fuel depots, barracks, command and control structures, medical facilities and emergency shelters. From which they bully their neighbors. Seems ideal for what they designated an island forever in prosperity. I read flights and ferries are available to foreigners for travel given prior clearance from the mainland authorities. Wished I had the means and monies to test that out with my US passport and Balkan background.

I decided to take this island. Rather than attack an unsinkable air craft carrier near the Spratlys. Two amphibious marine battalions should do it, some support ships, top and close in air cover, element of surprise and overwhelming combined arms power.  But, in my quest for happiness in doing all of this, I came upon Xinhua, which is the People's Party mouthpiece, at least its online English site, and I was sort of pleasantly surprised. Its featured story section rotates between governmental affairs to a white man holding strange river monsters in some strange land, (no doubt a wired colonial type with too much time and means in some African village), riots in Egypt, a bit about sexy models posing in trains, followed by shaolin monks in training, hot cover girls and famous black and white photographs in color. I was very much pleased to see that despite Hu Jintao's warning to beware of becoming ideologically westernized via popular culture and societal luxury, the main face of the People's Party shows that is it just as confused about what this means and how it can be remedied as the rest of the world. It is following the principle of selective obscurity in a sea of chaos, grouping information together that is at once placid but by its very absurdity subservient. The charade can't last long and the seams will inevitable come apart but before they do, it is important to not which way history could go, the dustbin, or some sort of cliff.

Thoughts and comments welcomed.

snoorkel

why not attack USA  doodthing;

Socks

Quote from: vziard on February 02, 2012, 11:47:13 AM
why not attack USA  doodthing;

Because I am a patriotic American!

I've never even had more than a mere curiosity to check out the extensive US collection of their data and maps. It seems pointless, when I live in it, and it is also sacrilegious, because whenever I look at things I diverge between a conquistador and an awed human man, so I tend to focus on the controversial places.

snoorkel

well, what about mexico

Socks

Quote from: vziard on February 02, 2012, 11:56:28 AM
well, what about mexico

I actually have considered Mexico in the past, but it is too easy, and what is there anyway? My most impressive plans for this side of the Hemisphere involve Venezuela. Oohhh what I could do to Hugo Chavez and his Caracas with a free hand from the US congress and a blanket check from the US treasury.

snoorkel

this is kind of fucked up tbh  doodthing;

Socks

Quote from: vziard on February 02, 2012, 12:01:32 PM
this is kind of fucked up tbh  doodthing;

I wish I could do this full time actually, I've complied several things for Think Tanks, but I never thing it's any good to submit.

snoorkel

Quote from: Socks on February 02, 2012, 12:06:06 PM
I wish I could do this full time actually, I've complied several things for Think Tanks, but I never thing it's any good to submit.

use it as the basis for "sci fi" books

Socks

Quote from: vziard on February 02, 2012, 12:07:40 PM
use it as the basis for "sci fi" books

I sort of have, but I'd need more mephodrone first to approach Philip K. Dick levels.

kougraducky

Socks, stop sounding like me...
Why do we have the same pass time of trying to take over communist countries...
And I agree, Mexico is TOO EASY!

Socks

Oooh would you like to see some of my files? My navy and air force is quite extensive.

kougraducky

Quote from: Socks on February 02, 2012, 02:25:27 PM
Oooh would you like to see some of my files? My navy and air force is quite extensive.

YES.
Dear, I am an ex-marine. Anything pertaining to military strategy is AMAZING

Socks

You're definitely going to have to explain all about that to me sometime. I can talk all day about his stuff, and HISTORY, current etc. Very interesting!

kougraducky

Quote from: Socks on February 02, 2012, 02:36:45 PM
You're definitely going to have to explain all about that to me sometime. I can talk all day about his stuff, and HISTORY, current etc. Very interesting!

Mhmm...PM me sometime, and we'll talk about geekness.

Go Up