September 21, 2024, 04:11:54 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How are you, Dear Friends?

Started by Socks, January 28, 2012, 08:53:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

I wish I could hear your whole day--from every single one of you--told softly in my ear. As I rest out my soul. But alas I cannot. And would you even believe me if I told you I was so tired? When I really am. I can't even remember how this day began, and mostly I don't want to. But I remember it didn't feel good. I still see that something is missing, and all I can think about are the lips of a sweet woman. But I saw the most depressing bit of video, of really unfortunate people in my country, that I in my circumstances came across, and it was very bad Boyah. I cried. Even though I have a million other things to do and worry about. As a human being, with some sense of right and wrong and claim to decency, I had to stop and cry, albeit discreetly. And then I turned away, because I needed to gain some calm, and happened upon the TV, which showed a scene of people in various costumes dancing and jumping to some strange music, and there was false snow falling and it seemed like a grand spectacle, probably only necessary in itself and specific to that cause and purpose--I was so confused, from where I was and now. It felt so hollow. And when I saw it, I will tell you, it was like a highly glossed picture, under the most stark and artificial light, held up to one's face and eyes.

snoorkel

Socks

And what the hell, I really do miss you all.

There is also some good news for those really out of luck and impoverished individuals that I spoke of in my sentimental monologue. Namely in the form of money and badly needed goods, the reaction to which was moving beyond words, and so a small part of that terrible wrong that pervades our world has been set right, by noble and honorable people, at least temporarily. So don't ever forget that there's a war going on outside that no man is safe from. The best thing to do is be kind and be brave, and walk among the shadows with a sense of justice.

piano moths

being kind and brave and walking amongst the shadows are all things i think i could hope to be doing... i am glad to see eyou posting socks
kill them w kindness

Socks

Quote from: vziard on January 28, 2012, 08:58:32 PM
I want to fucking die

Tonight my mother told me that when she was a little girl, she fell off a really big tree, and was hurt pretty badly, and I thought to myself hmm... you were one tree branch away from never knowing anything man. And to be honest with you, beyond what it made me realize about myself and life, it didn't feel very good. Now I know that I don't have it so good, but I'm glad that at least I KNOW, you know? moreso than most irregardless of land title or post.

??????

i feel content today
my dreams came back and i'm acknowledging a couple of glimpses into my early childhood (certain air movements, white noise and dollar-soap aromas)

maybe i feel better because it's very sunny outside
i remember when i was younger i gave not a single care to the sun
now i love it

Andria

A bit lonely but I am still fine. I quite enjoy most of my life and am trying to keep the bad from outweighing the good  :3 it's getting easier since I think I am coming out of my kinda down phase

Socks

Yes I was thinking today as I walked on the pavement outside, that somewhere it was rainy and not very nice. I imagined a rich man, sitting on his grand property, taking in the damp sight, contemplating troubles that while real, are immaterial to him.
And I thought how reversed our fortunes would be if life had chosen things differently.
I don't know, sometimes the mind is capable of too much and all you're really left with is something thats is not really tangible, or real at all.
why can't i make a decision and stick with it?
i let everyone down because of this, because i don't believe in the same things they do.
and so i don't follow through.

strongbad

i'm kind of bummed out
but that's only because the weekend is over and responsibilities have returned

YPrrrr

I am torn by the fact that in 5 months I will most likely have to leave behind everyone who I've met the past four years for a very long time. Then I turn to those very people to cheer me up which is only a temporary cure which makes me sad again because once we part ways for the night I go back to thinking about how much I will miss their company

strongbad

Quote from: NPR on January 30, 2012, 11:40:16 AM
I am torn by the fact that in 5 months I will most likely have to leave behind everyone who I've met the past four years for a very long time. Then I turn to those very people to cheer me up which is only a temporary cure which makes me sad again because once we part ways for the night I go back to thinking about how much I will miss their company

This sucks :(
I'm not looking forward to inevitably going through the same thing

Go Up