April 17, 2024, 08:27:25 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

i have a phone question

Started by LCK, January 28, 2012, 05:25:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LCK

phones are my big weak spot when it comes to technology, not really all that up to date on anything nor do i pay attention

what i want to know is if i am able to take my existing AT&T sim card and use that in any non contract phone and continue with my current AT&T plan
i just honestly don't know

snoorkel

not any unlocked (non-contract) phone, but some

for instance you couldn't use it in a CDMA phone (like those that verizon and sprint use)

but any GSM phone should work. I THINK

also take care to check if you have a regular SIM or one of ATT's retarded microSIM things, and get a matching phone......or maybe microsim can be adapted to regular sim....I don't know

ME##

yeah, microsim is dumb.  oddly enough though, the contacts are the same size and you can get a little plastic cradle to make it the same size as a regular sim.  the only things that use microsim that come to mind are the iphone 4 and s, ipad and i believe the verizon version of the nexus.

but snorkle is right about an unlocked phone working with any sim.

Daddy

Even though a phone is unlocked and will work on another carrier you may have some issues.

Unlocked iPhones on T-mobile don't work on 3G since the frequency is different. I'm not sure if that is the case with newer ones.

Go Up