June 30, 2024, 01:38:58 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Does the area you inhabit affect the way you communicate?

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, January 21, 2012, 05:17:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

I think that the spokesperson for communication should be Communi-Cat. Also communities

Yes, Me Can"t Talk Pretty
4 (40%)
I enjoy speaking correctly and also those tiny binoculars at the opera
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

Classic

ME##

also, to answer this question.  i guess i don't have much of an accent.  but i do remember people poking fun at my choice of words many times. :'(

Kalahari Inkantation

i probably have some sort of accent, but i've never been told i have one

Commander Fuckass

I'd say I have a deep southern drawl (nothing compared too yours though heir Notsid)
my adoptive sister picked the southern drawl up when she used to live with us, Im pretty sure she has since I've heard her talk with one the last time she was visiting)

and it doesnt really sound like my friends have one though.
but people that I don't know have the thick southern accents
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

PLEASEHELP1991

January 22, 2012, 08:16:21 AM #20 Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 08:21:18 AM by Edina Monsoon
No, lol.
i can speak general american with a slight tidewater tinge, but i choose not to in most settings 5thgrade;
I love [you]

Cosmic Ada

Quote from: eeeeeee on January 21, 2012, 09:26:04 PM
i don't think i have an accent. but i have heard people from arizona have nasally voices. idk if i do
I'm pretty sure my voice isn't that nasally either. Maybe them anti-Arizona naysayers are just jealous.

Samus Aran

From what people have told me, while I do have some semblance of a "Minnesotan" accent, it's not very pronounced. I dunno.

But you know, nobody here really says "ya, you betcha" all the time anyway.

ME##

Quote from: Kaz on January 22, 2012, 11:56:53 AM
From what people have told me, while I do have some semblance of a "Minnesotan" accent, it's not very pronounced. I dunno.

But you know, nobody here really says "ya, you betcha" all the time anyway.
what about aboot and beg giggle;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Dovydas on January 22, 2012, 01:01:06 PM
what about aboot and beg giggle;

lol no minnesotans don't say "aboot"

and what do you mean by "beg?" you mean for "bag?" if so, yeah, some people do say that. "bookbeg" instead of "backpack," for example.

ME##

Quote from: Kaz on January 22, 2012, 01:03:12 PM
lol no minnesotans don't say "aboot"

and what do you mean by "beg?" you mean for "bag?" if so, yeah, some people do say that. "bookbeg" instead of "backpack," for example.

how horrifying

and yes, we call them bookbags too, but we don't say beg goowan

Thyme

this is the part where people are talking about the pronunciation of a specific word or regional usages of synonyms of said word and thyme comes up and he says the word in french

sac à dos

silvertone

Quote from: Thyme on January 22, 2012, 01:30:23 PM
this is the part where people are talking about the pronunciation of a specific word or regional usages of synonyms of said word and thyme comes up and he says the word in french

sac à dos
voacorooo

Go Up