September 21, 2024, 05:49:35 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

OH MY GOD HOW DID I FORGET HOW MUCH I HAYE HOMEWORK

Started by applesauce, January 18, 2012, 08:45:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

applesauce

applesauce

Socks

I went to school for 14 years and my best teacher was experience.

-Common circa 94

applesauce

Quote from: Socks on January 18, 2012, 08:52:13 AM
I went to school for 14 years and my best teacher was experience.

-Common circa 94

I feel this way too, of course. School today doesn't really seem to be good for all that much, with the wealth if information easily available elsewhere for those who desire to take their own paths if curiosity. Unfortunately I need to do the whole school thing at least once through to placate certain circles.

Socks

I had thought of something to say before so as to amend my comment but it seems lost now and I will say this. Last night one of my professors made us get in a circle, you know, the introduce yourself type, and the most interesting people were the ones to be overlooked! I kind of thought, hmm, remarkable individuals in their own right. There's no bitter animosity here, whatever our motives and beliefs, it's a shared experience and what we take away from it is what we brought in the first place.

The assignments are a big drag because they don't encompass our lives. You go to class, but it's just an episode in a larger play and when you add them all up it tends to fade away. This is not how they learned before. This is a leisure activity, not a necessity, at least in an established and developed country, developed as in provided for, and country as in system. It is why 'foreign' students outperform those of more wealthier nations on a leveled field.  More importantly, you cannot have a grasp or appreciation for any given subject or philosophy of life when it is hurried and rushed in the midst of decision and obligation, often occurring prior to current or after the learning experience, and so nothing is established. While this can be brushed away in the face of commodity it is true that taken away the modern man has nothing on which to stand on if he is forced to identify himself.

Maybe someone can help me bullet that into a resume?

applesauce

Quote from: Snowy on January 18, 2012, 10:18:55 AM
I'm doing 2 papers at the same time. shakingsilldood;

Though it really isn't that bad, one is a small 2 page book report on on short sci-fi story and the other is on Argon. befuddlement

dem noble gases

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up