September 21, 2024, 12:50:45 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Shut boyah down for the SOPA protest?

Started by Commander Fuckass, January 17, 2012, 09:33:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Guys you must remember there is a reason why sites are participating

Yes
6 (40%)
No
9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Go Down

Thyme

Quote from: vziard on January 17, 2012, 10:24:10 PM
how's this sound: as an exercise in groupthink, and to contribute our awareness to the national/global SOPA protest, Boyah will redirect for a few hours  during kazstream or something

nah

but just so you know, kazstream is right now lol

don't let's

Seems like if Boyah was going to do something for this (so it could say it was involved somehow) it would be better to actually be raising awareness elsewhere rather than shutting down the site or goffing off in streams.

snoorkel

Socks

I just learned that the MPAA is lead by a former Senator. I am so dismayed at my American illusion I don't even know what to say.

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Socks on January 18, 2012, 08:06:47 AM
I just learned that the MPAA is lead by a former Senator. I am so dismayed at my American illusion I don't even know what to say.
our own vice president has well-documented connections with the riaa and mpaa
I love [you]

Socks

Quote from: Edina Monsoon on January 18, 2012, 08:14:27 AM
our own vice president has well-documented connections with the riaa and mpaa

It's too outrageous for it to be this accepted. Quite frankly it's shocking. I knew that old white men have reviewed every single second of every single piece of cinematic footage I have ever seen, but still, this is too much.

snoorkel

Thyme

Socks

January 18, 2012, 09:50:56 AM #23 Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:55:59 AM by Socks
Quote from: vziard on January 18, 2012, 08:40:09 AM
est-il suicide la solution?

not yet. however should they eliminate the leap second. we might as very well start now, and be the first in line. imagine a world, where even time is digital and has no bearing on the natural world, and everything is perceived rather than known. Scary, isn't it?

snoorkel

kougraducky

Quote from: Socks on January 18, 2012, 09:50:56 AM
not yet. however should they eliminate the leap second. we might as very well start now, and be the first in line. imagine a world, where even time is digital and has no bearing on the natural world, and everything is perceived rather than known. Scary, isn't it?

Lets all go live in a place where the plot from the movie "The Matrix" is the actuality. doodhuh;
I severely doubt anything like this will happen...I do, however, think that the site should perhaps shut down. It's the stats that the govt are gonna see...not the individual sites. They just want cold, hard facts on internet flow, and if they see that the traffic online goes down, they'll realise that they won't make any money after passing this bill.
Hit em in the pocket where it hurts. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

Socks

[/quote]
Quote from: vziard on January 18, 2012, 09:58:14 AM
the world is a vampire.

speaking of which, has whale wars started yet? i've been reading the news of their encounters and can't wait to see how it actually went down.

Socks

Quote from: kougraducky on January 18, 2012, 10:03:46 AM
Lets all go live in a place where the plot from the movie "The Matrix" is the actuality. doodhuh;
I severely doubt anything like this will happen...I do, however, think that the site should perhaps shut down. It's the stats that the govt are gonna see...not the individual sites. They just want cold, hard facts on internet flow, and if they see that the traffic online goes down, they'll realise that they won't make any money after passing this bill.
Hit em in the pocket where it hurts. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

That's like resorting to piracy, surely not? To harass and harangue our own government into respecting out wishes! Who would have ever thought of such a thing. I agree though, in desperation, if for nothing. People act as if things work so well now and that before everything got done by staying out of peoples lives and not stepping on any toes.

kougraducky

Quote from: Socks on January 18, 2012, 10:09:26 AM
That's like resorting to piracy, surely not? To harass and harangue our own government into respecting out wishes! Who would have ever thought of such a thing. I agree though, in desperation, if for nothing. People act as if things work so well now and that before everything got done by staying out of peoples lives and not stepping on any toes.

Dear, it's not piracy when our country is run on capitalism, and therefore money=power. And politicians always want more power. They only care about raising their own status. It's our job as citizens to keep them in check by not giving them our money, hence why I think paying taxes shouldn't be mandatory...but that's another subject.

applesauce

Quote from: Socks on January 18, 2012, 10:09:26 AM
and that before everything got done by staying out of peoples lives and not stepping on any toes.

Yes. I don't understand how people don't see that everything is ever a struggle and that enemies surround all power.

Go Up