September 21, 2024, 12:34:43 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Shut boyah down for the SOPA protest?

Started by Commander Fuckass, January 17, 2012, 09:33:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Guys you must remember there is a reason why sites are participating

Yes
6 (40%)
No
9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

like thyme said

QuoteThyme: i mean sure, boyah is a tiny website no one knows of, but it's the principle, you know
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

strongbad

Do it
even though it doesn't really matter it would be funny

and i would basically have nothing to do on the internet for a day which sounds nice

snoorkel

Personally, I don't see the point, as Boyah isn't viewed by anyone who doesn't post here regularly (besides bots, who don't care). This thread basically accomplishes the principle of raising awareness within the Boyah community... think of the noposts  :(

bluaki

No; the shut downs are mostly to raise SOPA awareness, but it's not like any of us don't already know plenty about it and in a group like this it'd have absolutely no effect.

Then again, maybe some of us could benefit from a day of being forced to do other things befuddlement

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: bluaki on January 17, 2012, 09:40:11 PM
No; the shut downs are mostly to raise SOPA awareness, but it's not like any of us don't already know plenty about it and in a group like this it'd have absolutely no effect.

Then again, maybe some of us could benefit from a day of being forced to do other things befuddlement
That's the plan, Stan

plus think of the Kazstream chats :[

don't let's

Quote from: Kefka on January 17, 2012, 09:41:09 PM
That's the plan, Stan

plus think of the Kazstream chats :[
But that's just essentially a different division of Boyah.

Thyme

Quote from: vziard on January 17, 2012, 09:39:35 PM
Personally, I don't see the point, as Boyah isn't viewed by anyone who doesn't post here regularly (besides bots, who don't care). This thread basically accomplishes the principle of raising awareness within the Boyah community... think of the noposts  :(

you just p. much changed my mind lol 5thgrade;

plus boyah is a nice place to talk about the protest

Kalahari Inkantation

i wouldn't mind, but it'd be preaching to the choir

snoorkel

Kalahari Inkantation

Commander Fuckass

strongbad

Quote from: Tectrinket on January 17, 2012, 09:55:19 PM
i wouldn't mind, but it'd be preaching to the choir

How is it preaching to the choir?

snoorkel

Quote from: MF Doom on January 17, 2012, 10:08:03 PM
How is it preaching to the choir?

boyagers, as conscious citizens of the interbutts, are probably among the most adamant opponents of sopa, i.e., no one on boyah is in support of sopa/pipa

Mando Pandango

What? No. Of course no. The whole point of it is to raise awareness. I'm sure there are still a lot of people who don't frequent the internet like we do who don't understand what the problems are with SOPA and PIPA, or even what they are. That's why those major sites are going down. Boyah's a small site and we're all already pretty aware. There's absolutely no point.

I'm fine with doing things out of principle, but in this case the principle isn't the important part. Why bother?
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

snoorkel

how's this sound: as an exercise in groupthink, and to contribute our awareness to the national/global SOPA protest, Boyah will redirect for a few hours  during kazstream or something

Go Up