April 16, 2024, 01:53:50 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

the sorry state of sony

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, December 29, 2011, 07:05:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: [23]crossdressers on November 09, 2012, 09:55:38 AM
someone needs to fix final fantasy asap cos playstation is the best consoles
I disagree: I greatly prefer the recent Final Fantasy games.
I love [you]

Snowy

I've enjoyed FFXIII (or at least what I've played of it, I still need to finish it), but I greatly prefer the older, more traditional FF games.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Patsy Stone on November 22, 2012, 11:18:12 AM
Quote from: [23]crossdressers on November 09, 2012, 09:55:38 AM
someone needs to fix final fantasy asap cos playstation is the best consoles
I disagree: I greatly prefer the recent Final Fantasy games.

rofl

Quote from: Snowy on November 23, 2012, 11:56:32 AM
I've enjoyed FFXIII (or at least what I've played of it, I still need to finish it), but I greatly prefer the older, more traditional FF games.

i would prefer that the series continue to find new ways to reinvent itself or to create a blend of new and old rather than relying on pure tradition

Kalahari Inkantation

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/23/us-sony-panasonic-fitch-idUSBRE8AM02T20121123

okay, it's time to place your bets

[spoiler]

1. What will become of the Vita? More importantly, what will become of the PS4?
2. In what month and year will Sony finally declare bankruptcy?
3. Which extant corporation, if any, will pick up its more valuable pieces? Apple? Google? Nintendo? Microsoft? Samsung? Someone else?[/spoiler]

Snowy

Quote from: Tectite on November 24, 2012, 05:54:06 PM
[spoiler]

3. Which extant corporation, if any, will pick up its more valuable pieces? Apple? Google? Nintendo? Microsoft? Samsung? Someone else?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
1. Vita is dying as we speak. I can see Sony supporting it until everyone stops (which is happening very quickly). I see P4G being the only SMT game getting remotely close to the Vita. PS4 will be made and come out when the next Xbox does, but it'll probably have a launch similar to the PS3's.
2. I'm going to guess around this time next year.
3. I can see Nintendo picking up a few franchises (LBP, Ratchet and Clank, Katamari, etc.) and MS picking up the shooter franchises. Apple might take the PS line and make it something else completely. Along with 20 variations. goowan[/spoiler]

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

http://www.cnn.com/techdesk/articles/kaz-hirai-hospitalized
QuoteIn what would be salt to the wound of the beaten and bloody consumer electronics giant Sony Corporation. CEO Kazuo Hirai was hospitalized early Thursday morning after an apparent suicide attempt. Hirai was found in the bathroom of his New York high rise apartment by his wife Jeanine. No official statement has been made from the Hirai family or Sony. However it's not a wild conclusion to jump to if you were to suspect Sony's record losses in the last few years as the factor.

Nyerp

FAMY2

I was considering buying the Uncharted bundle for Christman but thanks to Tech I can save my money for something more useful.  n_n

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Snowy on November 24, 2012, 05:58:35 PM
[spoiler]

[spoiler]
1. Vita is dying as we speak. I can see Sony supporting it until everyone stops (which is happening very quickly). I see P4G being the only SMT game getting remotely close to the Vita. PS4 will be made and come out when the next Xbox does, but it'll probably have a launch similar to the PS3's.
3. I can see Nintendo picking up a few franchises (LBP, Ratchet and Clank, Katamari, etc.) and MS picking up the shooter franchises. Apple might take the PS line and make it something else completely. Along with 20 variations. goowan[/spoiler]
in all honesty microsoft would be the ones buying up lbp and r&c

they don't give a shit about shooters anymore and are riding on kinect and the cartoonish games that can be played with it. don't forget that they were the ones who took rare from nintendo

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snowy

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 25, 2012, 12:46:45 PM
[spoiler]

[spoiler]

they don't give a shit about shooters anymore and are riding on kinect and the cartoonish games that can be played with it. don't forget that they were the ones who took rare from nintendo
Yes, but Rare is making Kinect sports now, so it's not like they're really using Rare for... you know, the Rareware part. befuddlement

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Snowy on November 25, 2012, 07:56:00 PM
[spoiler]

[spoiler]

Yes, but Rare is making Kinect sports now, so it's not like they're really using Rare for... you know, the Rareware part. befuddlement
and microsoft is trying to corner the family-friendly market so they're the ones most likely to get sony's cutesy series

also nintendo's not making much money these days so they couldn't really outbid microsoft on anything

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snowy

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 25, 2012, 09:32:30 PM
[spoiler]

[spoiler]

and microsoft is trying to corner the family-friendly market so they're the ones most likely to get sony's cutesy series

also nintendo's not making much money these days so they couldn't really outbid microsoft on anything
I think that with the release of the Wii U it might bring Nintendo some money in so that with the fall of Sony in the close to near future, they might be able to grab a series if they wanted to. But I do agree to an extent.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Snowy on November 26, 2012, 05:03:28 AM
[spoiler]

[spoiler]

I think that with the release of the Wii U it might bring Nintendo some money in so that with the fall of Sony in the close to near future, they might be able to grab a series if they wanted to. But I do agree to an extent.
the wii u isn't making money

Snowy

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 26, 2012, 06:29:41 AM
Quote from: Snowy on November 26, 2012, 05:03:28 AM
[spoiler]

[spoiler]

the wii u isn't making money
Really? They seem to be selling well.

Go Up