April 23, 2024, 02:22:03 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

the sorry state of sony

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, December 29, 2011, 07:05:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

well it looks like i might be buying a vita tomorrow since the price is below $185 on import sites now

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/ps4-mod-update/2016/09/09/199
After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition.

Like you, we are disappointed by Sony’s decision given the considerable time and effort we have put into this project, and the amount of time our fans have waited for mod support to arrive. We consider this an important initiative and we hope to find other ways user mods can be available for our PlayStation audience. However, until Sony will allow us to offer proper mod support for PS4, that content for Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PlayStation 4 will not be available.

We will provide an update if and when this situation changes.

#4theplayers #greatnessawaits

don't let's

I'm not surprised. Though I was surprised that Microsoft allowed mods. But maybe they kinda had to at this point to make some gains after the xbox one launch and kinect. (I'm assuming the sales still aren't good)

squirrelfriend

is sony taking Apple's cues by offering a premium model and locked down ecosystem
the problem with that strategy is that it's not cool 4 skool to own an unattractive brick

C.Mongler

Quote from: [BANNED] on September 09, 2016, 11:35:40 PM
I'm not surprised. Though I was surprised that Microsoft allowed mods. But maybe they kinda had to at this point to make some gains after the xbox one launch and kinect. (I'm assuming the sales still aren't good)

so was i considering TF2 died out of the gate on Xbox 360 because Msoft wanted to charge loony prices per update so Valve basically left it at the vanilla version

also weird because sony allowed mods on the PS3 version of Unreal Tourny 3

Kalahari Inkantation

and for today's delusional sony comment:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/29/playstation-creator-ken-kutaragi-is-like-a-japanese-steve-jobs-says-former-sony-exec-a-ign-unfiltered

sony execs must spend every morning in tears when they wake up to a stark reminder that they still aren't, and never will be, apple

bluaki

Switch is the final nail in Vita's coffin y/n

Until now, Vita at least filled the niche of the most powerful mainstream-ish gaming handheld that has buttons and can run basically any normal game, which makes Japanese devs in particular love it because Japanese people like their handheld gaming.

Switch clearly outdoes Vita in performance, while Sony has almost definitely completely given up on ever releasing another handheld. As far as developers are concerned, Switch is just a normal single-screen handheld, like Vita and GBA.

Kalahari Inkantation

sony was the final nail in vita's coffin

and the only nail in vita's coffin

TooB

The nice thing for me, is that the vita is still alive, albeit on life support.

Superdimension Neptunia just came out on Tuesday

Thyme

you know....... sometimes i think of getting a vita so i can play my remaining ps1 classics and my tripple is kind of an unreliable piece of shit now goowan

tho i might be best served by a PSTV??? idk

Kalahari Inkantation

i've been semi-interested in owning a vita tv but honestly i don't know what i'd do with it

the few vita exclusives i'd be interested in are incompatible with it (of course) and the ps3 and ps4 have all its other features covered

but if you're specifically looking for a miniaturized digital-only ps1, i can't imagine there's any other product out there that would fill that niche more effectively than the vita tv

Go Up