September 29, 2024, 10:42:36 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How are you doing in school..?

Started by Walter, December 23, 2011, 11:12:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Slim

Uh, guys, not to be a dick or anything, but anything below a 3.5 is kinda bad. :\

(Unless you go to a wicked good school or something.)
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Daddy

Quote from: Slim on December 23, 2011, 05:38:56 PM
Uh, guys, not to be a dick or anything, but anything below a 3.5 is kinda bad. :\

(Unless you go to a wicked good school or something.)
i go to salem state no one cares lol

Slim

Quote from: Khadafi on December 23, 2011, 07:48:26 PM
i go to salem state no one cares lol

nuh uh dude if you get a 4.0 there you could be the prez one day

dare to dream
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: bluaki on December 23, 2011, 04:40:04 PM
I did pretty poorly this semester giggle;
A in Java 2 (4 credits), Discrete Math (1), and (probably, but grade isn't posted yet) Intro to Computing Careers (1)
F in Composition (3), Intro to Psychology (3), and University Experience (1)

The GPA averages to be, just barely, within the "good academic standing" threshold of 2.0. I can't make up composition or psychology yet next semester, but the classes I am taking are ones I'm almost completely sure to get an A in, so it'll restore my GPA a bit.
uh what happened

did you just not want to go to class, or were you nervous, or what

Quote from: Khadafi on December 23, 2011, 12:21:33 PM
Discrete Structures (math class)
wat

that's a first semester class at my school

what are the "higher level" courses at your school

mine has shit like robotics and language processing, and if i take a course at carnegie mellon (no additional cost), i could be studying quantum computing and teleportation

actually, i could be doing that next year as a since i meet the mathematical prerequisites akudood;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

??????

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on December 23, 2011, 08:11:35 PM
uh what happened

wat

that's a first semester class at my school

what are the "higher level" courses at your school

mine has shit like robotics and language processing, and if i take a course at carnegie mellon (no additional cost), i could be studying quantum computing and teleportation

actually, i could be doing that next year as a since i meet the mathematical prerequisites akudood;
how'd you manage to get into carnegie mellon

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Kalahari Inkantation

what exactly are the prerequisites for a class like quantum computing befuddlement

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Tectrinket on December 23, 2011, 08:57:16 PM
what exactly are the prerequisites for a class like quantum computing befuddlement
physux
meth
I love [you]

Walter

Im doing kinda shitty. Did really bad this semester failed thermo 2 with a D,  got a B in literature, C in materials engineering, and C in texas politics.

I'm taking thermo 2, dynamic systems/control, fluid mechanics, and intro to anthropology next semester.  akudood;

bluaki

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on December 23, 2011, 08:11:35 PM
uh what happened

Those classes were scheduled early (8AM) and I ended up missing several classes.
In particular, I missed one test day for Psychology which was worth about 20% of the overall grade. That combined with my low-B average in the tests I did take and a couple minor things set me back to about 55% in the end. I might've barely passed if I fully read the book, like I was supposed to, instead of mostly learning from the lectures.

For Composition, I also failed to finish like half the essays on time because (alongside laziness) I sorta struggle with writing about personal topics (which I'm sure they chose because it's easy for most people) with the type of detail expected and some other factors.
I simply don't have an exciting event in my memory for which I can write a 3~5 narrative about with sense-evoking details and whatever. And I have no creativity in making up something like that which seems plausible.
I also worry about anything I write being excessively formal and very boring junk, which I suppose you can call nervousness n_n

Slim

Quote from: bluaki on December 23, 2011, 09:29:15 PM... I missed one test day for Psychology which was worth about 20% of the overall grade.

LOL

You're retarded. Seriously.

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

ncba93ivyase

i had a writing course scheduled at 9 am and missing 3 classes was an instant F

considering i usually don't fall asleep until 4 am or later and the alarm i had at the time only went off 3 times, and the alarm on my phone could only be set once, i was just inches away from getting that F

Also, she was an ultra-feminist teacher and we had to write a paper about why Renoir was a woman hater and against the feminist movement in France simply because he painted naked women. The only "evidence" of him hating women was these painting of naked, beautiful women. I wrote too much shit was extrapolated from these paintings and he probably just liked looking at and painting female bodies, and likely thought highly of them, and she said I didn't open my mind enough and should rewrite my paper. I just said no and got a C. akudood;

also, that class involved a lot of personal essays and i hate writing about myself and sharing with people i don't know, so i got relatively low scores on those

ironically, the paper i bullshitted the most and wrote the most fluffed up shit seriously got "I can offer you no suggestions. Everything you've done here is perfect" written on it goonish

Some college professors are retarded.

and morning classes suck ass

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up