September 29, 2024, 10:28:13 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How are you doing in school..?

Started by Walter, December 23, 2011, 11:12:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Walter

Also, is your school good or bad?

I'm kind of doing ok in school, but it's fucking hot and I see so many preppy people and wangsters, my friends are so seperated that I only see half of them through the whole day.

I don't want to make new friends, I like hanging out with old ones alot. Barely anyone talks when we all have free time to talk because we're not used to it. But it's only the 4th day of HS, maybe it'll become better if I wait.

I MISS JEN. :'(

So anyways... My school sucks, it's kind of unorganized...

EDIT: Also, it's tiring.

Samus Aran

I more or less quit for now. I already have a degree. I was going again for a teaching license. It was a terrible semester and I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed most of the time. I stopped caring about going to class pretty quick. Plus some glaring financial issues down the road have been spotted ahead of time.

At this point I just want to take a bit of a break for now and focus on writing. I might start going for a teaching license again next fall semester, but instead utilizing a program called Fastrack, which is part online classes, part classes down near the Twin Cities, and of course, student teaching.

But for now all I'm sure about is that I need a break. And that I'd sooner struggle writing than struggle teaching. I'm still not even sure if I want to teach.

So yeah. Break.

ME##

ikanaide

strongbad

Meh, it's alright. I'm getting decent grades (around a 3.0gpa atm) but I could really do better if I applied myself and didn't fucking procrastinate everything. Also I need to declare my major soon which is scary. I might double major in journalism and communications... But I don't fucking know  :(

silvertone

im going to go to a vocational school for electronics

strongbad

wtf why does only this thread have asian guys tiled everywhere

silvertone

Daddy

I'm still waiting for 2 grades to post but I got a C (my fault. I didn't do any work for 3 or 4 weeks) in a lit class.

I got A- in Discrete Structures (math class).  Still waiting on the grade for my Senior Project Specification (pass or fail. I know I passed) and Robotics & Computer Vision.

I know I got 100% on all the labs and I forget if I got an 81 or 86 on the midterm.  I'm expecting somewhere between an A- and a B in that class.

LCK

My third semester just finished and it's pretty much a bust. I stopped going to class two weeks into this semester. I did decent my first two semesters. I had a 3.0, and I pretty much never went to class. But this most recent semester my schedule was filled with classes that were meaningless to me in so many ways. They fulfilled practically nothing towards any possible major I would choose, nor did they satisfy any gen ed requirements that I needed. And I didn't find any of them interesting.I got terribly fucked over at registration.
So I just pretty much stopped going. I intended to return this coming spring semester, but there is a hold on my registration because I haven't paid a $900 fee for something that happened over the summer. It has nothing to do with academics, thankfully. I guess they just passed over that aspect or something lol.
But yea, I have no money to pay that off, and now they've charged me for my laptop because I haven't returned it, so now I owe $1900.
So yea, my plan is to pay that off and get back there in the fall.

LCK

Quote from: MF Doom on December 23, 2011, 12:01:52 PM
wtf why does only this thread have asian guys tiled everywhere
oh good, i thought it was just me

PLEASEHELP1991

I am doing pretty well at the University of Life.
I love [you]

snoorkel

I just invested about ~$3,000 in a new platform that MIGHT be launching tonight after selling the last one for $15,000, and have been steadily growing my network of ~PoroFOESSIONAL CONneCTIONS~ as well, so I think good. I quit college after going to 1 class though lo l

Selkie

I did pretty good, got a 3.2 this semester.

I can do better though, I plan on only improving for my last 3 semesters.

bluaki

I did pretty poorly this semester giggle;
A in Java 2 (4 credits), Discrete Math (1), and (probably, but grade isn't posted yet) Intro to Computing Careers (1)
F in Composition (3), Intro to Psychology (3), and University Experience (1)

The GPA averages to be, just barely, within the "good academic standing" threshold of 2.0. I can't make up composition or psychology yet next semester, but the classes I am taking are ones I'm almost completely sure to get an A in, so it'll restore my GPA a bit.

Go Up