April 19, 2024, 01:24:11 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Depression

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, December 15, 2011, 11:49:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

really?
I always used to see Cymbalta and Zoloft commercials among others.  I  didn't have cable for the longest time but i still anti-depressant commercials frequently.

applesauce

I've never heard of those lol

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Khadafi on January 03, 2012, 05:04:22 AM
really?
I always used to see Cymbalta and Zoloft commercials among others.  I  didn't have cable for the longest time but i still anti-depressant commercials frequently.

I'll second this.
I've never had cable, but network television at least used to saturate commercial breaks during primetime with anti-depressant ads.

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTZvnAF7UsA [/youtube][/spoiler]

Cymbalta had a number of varients of this one.

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXuMld0VwuU&feature=related[/youtube][/spoiler]

Pristiq had a pretty big campaign a while back with this one. I know for a fact that there's at least one other version of this commercial, shot for shot with another person.

Abilify's another big perpetrator.

Pristiq's run has been the worst one I've seen. At one point, I can honestly say they pumped one of those into every break during network primetime scheduling. I don't remember what network.

DTCA is dangerous and fucking abhorrent. There is so little logic behind marketing a prescription drug to individuals outside of medical personnel.

PLEASEHELP1991

January 03, 2012, 01:58:23 PM #33 Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:08:15 PM by Felt
There's a growing problem of antidepressants being just handed out by doctors outside of a psychiatric specialty in the absence of a psychiatric diagnosis when a patient presents just general sadness or stress for seemingly off-label uses. I would argue that antidepressants should be placed on a higher schedule, so prescriptions could be further scrutinized.
I love [you]

applesauce

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on January 03, 2012, 12:34:40 PM
I'll second this.
I've never had cable, but network television at least used to saturate commercial breaks during primetime with anti-depressant ads.

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTZvnAF7UsA [/youtube][/spoiler]

Cymbalta had a number of varients of this one.

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXuMld0VwuU&feature=related[/youtube][/spoiler]

Pristiq had a pretty big campaign a while back with this one. I know for a fact that there's at least one other version of this commercial, shot for shot with another person.

Abilify's another big perpetrator.

Pristiq's run has been the worst one I've seen. At one point, I can honestly say they pumped one of those into every break during network primetime scheduling. I don't remember what network.

DTCA is dangerous and fucking abhorrent. There is so little logic behind marketing a prescription drug to individuals outside of medical personnel.

wtf lol I have never heard of any of these either  confuseddood;

Samus Aran

They were on TV constantly. I recognize all of the above.

applesauce

Hm maybe it is because the only TV I watched was like history channel and cnn? idk.

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: applesauce on January 04, 2012, 08:29:14 PM
Hm maybe it is because the only TV I watched was like history channel and cnn? idk.
I've seen a copious amount of DTC advertising especially for antidepressants/SSRIs on CNN, so yeah.
I love [you]

applesauce

Quote from: Felt on January 04, 2012, 08:31:48 PM
I've seen a copious amount of DTC advertising especially for antidepressants/SSRIs on CNN, so yeah.

well huh. Maybe I just don't pay attention.

kougraducky

I have been diagnosed with Depression. Part of it is an actual chemical imbalance and it's familial. Part of it is just that my life is pretty shitty, and part of it is that I have other shit wrong with me that causes depression. I have ADD and fail at school stuff, therefore I get depressed. I have anxiety and control problems, chasing my loved ones away from me, which makes me depressed...idk. I tried that medication stuff, and it worked for a bit, but once I got to be like..17, all meds for psychological issues stopped working on me. All of my meds for my OCD, ADD, ODD, Depression, Anxiety Attacks, and whatever the fuck else the doctors decided was wrong with me stopped working. I kinda...just cope. I push through it, sometimes in healthy ways (writing music, reading a book, cuddles), sometimes in not so healthy ways(drinking, promiscuous sex, crying song lyrics into my pillows while cutting myself). I try to just...give myself other things to think about. Keep busy and it goes away. Idk.

I fail at life sometimes. >.<

Daddy

Sounds like a boyager.

applesauce

Quote from: Khadafi on January 08, 2012, 10:20:47 PM
Sounds like a boyager.

THIS IS WHAT I THOUGHT WHEN I FIRST STARTED TALKING TO HER

me003

QuoteKeep busy and it goes away.

glad to hear someone's figured it out!
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit