April 25, 2024, 04:41:41 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Post bitchin' covers here

Started by Mando Pandango, November 13, 2011, 10:15:04 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

This cover is bitchin', so I thought I would start a thread for bitchin' covers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0T2HaxD1hc[/youtube]

God I love this band.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

snoorkel

I believe these are very good covers of a very good song (apparently it's very good, if crowbar and tool covered it):

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fasyYUPxCD4[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfgDXd0Cc2c[/youtube][/spoiler]

This 'cover' of Dave Brubeck's famous Take Five by the King Tubby is somethin else:

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDm3dpcC0gU[/youtube][/spoiler]

And this which is a cover of a Those Poor Bastards song. Listen!!!!!

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSt6AnBxNXQ[/youtube][/spoiler]

Quote from: Geno on November 13, 2011, 01:17:40 PM
[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLuefUETyGk[/youtube][/spoiler]

I'm not sure how I feel about that, the original is just so... 

Geno

Quote from: vziard on November 13, 2011, 04:16:32 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about that, the original is just so... 

You don't like Cemetery Gates? That's one of my favorite Pantera songs.
And I love the shit out of Between the Buried and Me so this cover is awesome for me.  hocuspocus;
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

snoorkel

Quote from: Geno on November 17, 2011, 12:29:42 AM
You don't like Cemetery Gates? That's one of my favorite Pantera songs.
And I love the shit out of Between the Buried and Me so this cover is awesome for me.  hocuspocus;

no, I meant the original is just so... PANTERA!!!!! it cannot be covered.

Geno

Quote from: vziard on November 17, 2011, 12:35:44 AM
no, I meant the original is just so... PANTERA!!!!! it cannot be covered.
Well BTBAM did it. The rest of the cover album is pretty good too.

snoorkel

Quote from: Geno on November 17, 2011, 12:51:51 AM
Well BTBAM did it. The rest of the cover album is pretty good too.

and they did it poorly, imo. it has no groove at all.

Geno

Quote from: vziard on November 17, 2011, 12:59:02 AM
and they did it poorly, imo. it has no groove at all.
Well they pretty much just changed the song to fit the BTBAM style. I don't think they were trying to make it exactly like the original.

Geno

Quote from: steal on November 17, 2011, 01:09:19 AM
i agree with snorkel. i mean it's tight and all like everything they do but i feel like it sounds kind of stiff, like it lacks 'soul' or w/e that means
that whole cover album sounds awkward to me now for some reason
Well it's nothing close to being as good as Alaska or Colors but I think it's awesome to hear all of those songs with the BTBAM style put into them.

silvertone

*posts a bjm song like a shit head*

*posts a dandy warhol songs to be an even bigger shit head*

yw

snoorkel

silvertone

[hedy]Zidone

silvertone

Go Up