October 05, 2024, 08:31:58 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Skyrim General -- Fus Roh Dood!

Started by Thyme, November 01, 2011, 11:18:15 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

Quote from: Thyme on January 14, 2012, 09:10:09 PM
he probs wants me to use bosmer instead

w/e

but he's not even that lol??? were you even watching when he was making his character???

also thyme

do they change some of the npc's names

like stormcloak

Thyme

Quote from: Nyerp on January 14, 2012, 09:12:11 PM
but he's not even that lol??? were you even watching when he was making his character???

also thyme

do they change some of the npc's names

like stormcloak

ohlolsry

[spoiler]Ulfric Sombrage.[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

also it's kinda worth noting that although i do use a lot of magic, especially conjuration (fuck i love raising dead bodies) and destruction and restoration, i just as often use one-handed weapons. i usually don't dual-wield magic. and i do sometimes use a shield too, just not very often. i also favor bows a lot.

so, idk. i don't really stick to one playing style constantly.

Thyme

Quote from: Kaz on January 14, 2012, 09:14:41 PM
also it's kinda worth noting that although i do use a lot of magic, especially conjuration (fuck i love raising dead bodies) and destruction and restoration, i just as often use one-handed weapons. i usually don't dual-wield magic. and i do sometimes use a shield too, just not very often. i also favor bows a lot.

so, idk. i don't really stick to one playing style constantly.

Quote from: Thyme on January 05, 2012, 01:07:36 PM
that was a bad idea to begin with but w/e 5thgrade;

Nyerp

Quote from: Thyme on January 14, 2012, 09:13:26 PM
ohlolsry

[spoiler]Ulfric Sombrage.[/spoiler]

okay there is no defense for that and you know it ghouldood;

Samus Aran

Thyme

Nyerp

Quote from: Kaz on January 14, 2012, 09:19:36 PM
uh how is it a bad idea

lol it really just is

you want a small set of skills you have really really high stats in, not low stats all across the board

at least i think so

Thyme

lol

that quote was about the OP with everyone's character builds being a bad idea, not kaz's build itself

and nyerp personally i think it's better to diversify, so your overall level can increase faster

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on January 14, 2012, 09:25:50 PM
lol it really just is

you want a small set of skills you have really really high stats in, not low stats all across the board

at least i think so

i don't have low stats across the board really though.

i mean my destruction, conjuration, sneak, light armor, archery and one-handed are way higher than everything else, because i use them by far the most.

either way things are going fine and people strongly exaggerate how much thought you need to put into these games

Quote from: Thyme on January 14, 2012, 09:28:23 PM
and nyerp personally i think it's better to diversify, so your overall level can increase faster

i enjoy basically a medium between nyerp saying to stick to a few strategies and you saying to diversify. i do totally ignore heavy armor and two-handed weapons, for one thing, and i've yet to cast a single alteration spell.

n_u

Thyme

Quote from: Kaz on January 14, 2012, 09:30:24 PM
i enjoy basically a medium between nyerp saying to stick to a few strategies and you saying to diversify. i do totally ignore heavy armor and two-handed weapons, for one thing, and i've yet to cast a single alteration spell.

n_u

well yeah, diversify up to a certain point n_u

about alteration, candlelight and detect life are p. useful for any build, you might want to look them up

Nyerp

i need to start enchanting shit, like seriously smithicide;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thyme on January 14, 2012, 09:34:05 PM
well yeah, diversify up to a certain point n_u

about alteration, candlelight and detect life are p. useful for any build, you might want to look them up

yeah i got candlelight already since i figured i might want to use it sometime in particularly dark caves and stuff, since i used it quite a bit in oblivion for that reason. i just haven't used it yet.

there was also a very useful alteration spell in oblivion that usually went by "feather" or "weightlessness" or something to that effect depending upon its strength...which gave you more carry space momentarily. i'm assuming there's a spell like that in skyrim too, so that'll be nice when i do manage to find it.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thyme on January 14, 2012, 09:35:23 PM
Do they? The impression I got was that everyone just goes "just play how you want faggot".

oh, well i dunno, it always seemed to me like people really stress the technical aspects of these games

then again, that was more important in oblivion than it is in this one.

Nyerp

Go Up