March 28, 2024, 05:32:12 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Would you ever have kids?

Started by snoorkel, October 24, 2011, 07:15:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Thoughts

Definitely at some point
8 (33.3%)
Maybe
8 (33.3%)
Adopt / foster sure
2 (8.3%)
No, none, never
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Go Down

hobbit

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 26, 2011, 07:01:16 PM
Well that's their decision... What if my children become serial killers? I'm not going to worry too much about their decisions, they're their own people.

Food and water are probably amongst the least of our problems as far as resources initially since for the most part they're able to be recycled. If you're mandating population control upon yourself and advise it for other people, then what is the difference for you if it is codified or not?
there is no difference for me specifically if you view it that literally. but why should we wait until the last minute to solve our problems? that will only create more problems. if you really think food and water shortages aren't going to be a problem then you are delusional. water is already becoming more scarece. sure, maybe the United States is doing alright since it is the 3rd largest country by size and has a shit ton more resources than most countries. But what about other, smaller countries that now have to import their water? Sure, singapore can recycle their water but even we (US) don't have that technology yet. how will other countries afford this technology? if the US and other large countries continue to have large increases in population these smaller countries will continue to get the shaft until they collapse. how many 'natural spring' watter bottles do you really believe we can continue to fill up at this rate? how many $1 double cheeseburgers can mcdonalds sell? think about how much of the food we eat that contains presevatives. with out  them the majority of our food would go bad before we even had a chance to eat it.

YPrrrr

Quote from: hobbit on October 28, 2011, 05:45:01 PM
there is no difference for me specifically if you view it that literally. but why should we wait until the last minute to solve our problems? that will only create more problems. if you really think food and water shortages aren't going to be a problem then you are delusional. water is already becoming more scarece. sure, maybe the United States is doing alright since it is the 3rd largest country by size and has a shit ton more resources than most countries. But what about other, smaller countries that now have to import their water? Sure, singapore can recycle their water but even we (US) don't have that technology yet. how will other countries afford this technology? if the US and other large countries continue to have large increases in population these smaller countries will continue to get the shaft until they collapse. how many 'natural spring' watter bottles do you really believe we can continue to fill up at this rate? how many $1 double cheeseburgers can mcdonalds sell? think about how much of the food we eat that contains presevatives. with out  them the majority of our food would go bad before we even had a chance to eat it.
The US doesn't have large increases in population befuddlement

Neither does Russia or China even. It's the smaller and poorer countries having large increases.
Quote from: vulpix on October 28, 2011, 05:34:05 PM
MOST women--I say this because I am a women and have physically been there when other women talk about kids--do not realize the extent of how being pregnant completely stretches you out, changes the shape of your body, widens your hips, makes your pussy loose etc for the rest of your life.  they seem to think you get a little bump and its cute and then you have a baby and things go back to the way they were.

ah yes and many women have to have an episiotomy, which means they take a scalpel inside your pussy and literally slice into the walls to make room for the kid to come out. (but most women don't think about shit like this)

holding pregnancy up as some sort of "miracle" and the "greatest gift" is the whole fucking problem.  guess what, retarded people get pregnant, wild boars & sheep & giraffes & elephants get pregnant, evil people get pregnant, pregnancies happen accidentally, women get pregnant from rape. it's a fucking biological things that happens, don't degrade my worth by telling me getting pregnant is the most worthy thing I could ever do in my life.
Other people can have opinions too.

Plenty of women find childbirth to be a long-term rewarding experience. Some don't really care about looking and staying young forever. There's nothing wrong with being traditional, it's not like he's forcing that view onto you... You're kind of forcing yours on him though

snoorkel

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 28, 2011, 08:03:17 PM
The US doesn't have large increases in population befuddlement

Neither does Russia or China even. It's the smaller and poorer countries having large increases.Other people can have opinions too.

Plenty of women find childbirth to be a long-term rewarding experience. Some don't really care about looking and staying young forever. There's nothing wrong with being traditional, it's not like he's forcing that view onto you... You're kind of forcing yours on him though

hey mate I don't think she's forcing her opinion on anyone, what she said is objectively true and doesn't mean anything for what people should or should not do besides that people should be knowledgeable of what they're really doing (most people definitely are not knowledgeable of what they're really doing, whether the issue is pregnancy or anything else); what Socks said kind of means 1 thing and 1 thing only, and actually does imply that women should be something... obviously there is no such thing. I think Socks's opinion was the more 'forced'.

yeah, it was his opinion. that was her opinion. your opinion always seems to be to not have a strong opinion. what is wrong with having a strong opinion???

YPrrrr

Quote from: vziard on October 28, 2011, 09:20:42 PM
hey mate I don't think she's forcing her opinion on anyone, what she said is objectively true and doesn't mean anything for what people should or should not do besides that people should be knowledgeable of what they're really doing (most people definitely are not knowledgeable of what they're really doing, whether the issue is pregnancy or anything else); what Socks said kind of means 1 thing and 1 thing only, and actually does imply that women should be something... obviously there is no such thing. I think Socks's opinion was the more 'forced'.

yeah, it was his opinion. that was her opinion. your opinion always seems to be to not have a strong opinion. what is wrong with having a strong opinion???
Well once you start throwing around insults such as "chauvanist" and saying "don't degrade my blah blah blah" it's getting pretty forceful. Especially since Socks never pointed his opinion in anyone's direction. He didn't even say it was the best thing a woman could hope to do. He listed it as one of the greatest privileges for either men or women. How is that chauvinist. How is

"I long for wish and hope with every fiber of my being to have children of my own someday. To love their mother and lead a happy life. I marvel at the little figures I see before me, at all of their nuances and their little traits. I die a thousand wonderful deaths, when I see the lips of a beautiful lady so perfectly metamorphed into still a more lovely form upon her daughter, the dashing charisma of a gentleman so unmistakably infused within the character of his son. And the eyes, ooh, yes, the eyes. I wonder what my own will posses of me,  of my forefathers and of the woman whom I love."

chauvinist? That's just ridiculous. Socks loves women and wants to have a kid with one. I don't see why he has to be berated for that. I fail to see where he forced his opinion.

Also I find it odd that you and Vulpix share the rank "Yoni" which is a symbol for procreation when you both seem adamantly opposed

??????

maybe it's symbolic procreation~

YPrrrr

Quote from: Clucky on October 29, 2011, 09:11:39 AM
maybe it's symbolic procreation~
There is an overpopulation of symbolism~

??????

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 29, 2011, 09:17:39 AM
not if you're an idealist INFP~

vulpix

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 29, 2011, 08:43:58 AM
Also I find it odd that you and Vulpix share the rank "Yoni" which is a symbol for procreation when you both seem adamantly opposed

wow derp

YPrrrr

snoorkel

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 29, 2011, 08:43:58 AM
Well once you start throwing around insults such as "chauvanist" and saying "don't degrade my blah blah blah" it's getting pretty forceful. Especially since Socks never pointed his opinion in anyone's direction. He didn't even say it was the best thing a woman could hope to do. He listed it as one of the greatest privileges for either men or women. How is that chauvinist. How is

"I long for wish and hope with every fiber of my being to have children of my own someday. To love their mother and lead a happy life. I marvel at the little figures I see before me, at all of their nuances and their little traits. I die a thousand wonderful deaths, when I see the lips of a beautiful lady so perfectly metamorphed into still a more lovely form upon her daughter, the dashing charisma of a gentleman so unmistakably infused within the character of his son. And the eyes, ooh, yes, the eyes. I wonder what my own will posses of me,  of my forefathers and of the woman whom I love."

chauvinist? That's just ridiculous. Socks loves women and wants to have a kid with one. I don't see why he has to be berated for that. I fail to see where he forced his opinion.

I didn't quote that post and say 'wow chauvinist' (which was 31% a joke anyway), I quoted something else. and what are you now, peaceful objective mediator, seems to me like you're being pretty forceful with all these opinions about my opinions, bub. fuck your liberal mexican agenda

and also Yoni is the symbol of the universal/primordial 'mother' in a cosmic sense, also a meditative yantra, not a 'symbol for' sexual procreation (thought it is the sanskrit representation of 'pussy', which is why I have it), so it's hardly relevant.

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 29, 2011, 09:17:39 AM

the cool part about symbolism is that it's exactly what it seems

Quote from: vulpix on October 29, 2011, 04:38:02 PM
wow derp

vulpix

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 29, 2011, 04:44:04 PM
I fail to see where he forced his opinion.

no one is forcing their opinion. we are stating our opinions.  sometimes they differ. only you find a problem with this.

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 29, 2011, 04:44:04 PM
Well once you start throwing around insults such as "chauvanist" and saying "don't degrade my blah blah blah" it's getting pretty forceful.

if i were black and someone said something I considered racist, would it be "forceful" for me to explain why I found it offensive?

applesauce

Quote from: vulpix on October 28, 2011, 05:34:05 PM
don't degrade my worth by telling me getting pregnant is the most worthy thing I could ever do in my life.

If someone believes that the creation of life is the most worthy thing a human could ever do, how is this degrading at all? You're welcome to not agree with him, but to say he is degrading you or anyone is bullshit.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Molotov Emir 1986 on October 29, 2011, 05:37:07 PM
If someone believes that the creation of life is the most worthy thing a human could ever do, how is this degrading at all? You're welcome to not agree with him, but to say he is degrading you or anyone is bullshit.
Thank you n_n

vulpix

Quote from: Molotov Emir 1986 on October 29, 2011, 05:37:07 PM
If someone believes that the creation of life is the most worthy thing a human could ever do, how is this degrading at all?

So even if I fucking work my whole life and cure cancer, I'll never be as good as those Teen Mom girls.  at least they had kids.

YPrrrr

Quote from: vulpix on October 29, 2011, 09:05:21 PM
So even if I fucking work my whole life and cure cancer, I'll never be as good as those Teen Mom girls.  at least they had kids.
You're kind of crazy, huh?

Go Up