April 16, 2024, 01:15:13 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Would you ever have kids?

Started by snoorkel, October 24, 2011, 07:15:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Thoughts

Definitely at some point
8 (33.3%)
Maybe
8 (33.3%)
Adopt / foster sure
2 (8.3%)
No, none, never
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Go Down

vulpix

Quote from: Molotov Emir 1986 on October 31, 2011, 06:58:33 PM
A woman. Not all by any means. Your opinion is not any more valid than mine or anyone else's.

I absolutely have a more valid opinion about whether an idea is offensive to women or not, if that's what you're saying. 

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I would have kids.

I want kids, I love kids. I want to be a dad so bad. I want to take my kids to museums, playgrounds, around the world.

Socks

How could something so simple be this difficult? I never intended to offend anyone. In fact, it was my hope to exalt and uplift every man and woman with equal value and worth. To say that to me birth is a miracle, it is special, it is holier than thou, and to each and every one of us, have as many children as you might, it is all very beautiful.

I know that my children will be my resurrection, and also my redemption. A sort of rebirth in a cycle of justice. I intend to right wrongs of my own time and of my own kind. But you couldn't possibly object to this, so I take everything in stride, and yeah, stroke. I just want everyone to understand where I am coming from. All of this talk of opinion is besides the point. Really, in the end, we wont be proven with our alleged or possible forcefulness, but with the tides of history. And generations is what I aim for, as I grow old and ultimately die.

But before I do, I will like to sit down at a long table, and in an eccentric sense, have legions upon legions of people flanking me, that I call family, and with ideas and potential that disagree with you, enjoy a grand feast in reward for the love that we sought and exists! Bim! After all, we talk of changing the world, and it is easy to get caught up in fantasy of airy notions and  philosophical extremes, but to stay grounded, and care for things, or really go crazy, have a few kids, and see what it makes one do. How you look at the world and think. Now I think I have gone off the deep end. So I'll say thanks to those who have common sense and, as always, be a gentleman to any and all ladies who have had the privilege to know me.

snoorkel

Quote from: Socks on November 01, 2011, 10:24:07 AM
How could something so simple be this difficult? I never intended to offend anyone. In fact, it was my hope to exalt and uplift every man and woman with equal value and worth. To say that to me birth is a miracle, it is special, it is holier than thou, and to each and every one of us, have as many children as you might, it is all very beautiful.

I know that my children will be my resurrection, and also my redemption. A sort of rebirth in a cycle of justice. I intend to right wrongs of my own time and of my own kind. But you couldn't possibly object to this, so I take everything in stride, and yeah, stroke. I just want everyone to understand where I am coming from. All of this talk of opinion is besides the point. Really, in the end, we wont be proven with our alleged or possible forcefulness, but with the tides of history. And generations is what I aim for, as I grow old and ultimately die.

But before I do, I will like to sit down at a long table, and in an eccentric sense, have legions upon legions of people flanking me, that I call family, and with ideas and potential that disagree with you, enjoy a grand feast in reward for the love that we sought and exists! Bim! Bim! Bim! After all, we talk of changing the world, and it is easy to get caught up in fantasy of airy notions and  philosophical extremes, but to stay grounded, and care for things, or really go crazy, have a few kids, and see what it makes one do. How you look at the world and think. Now I think I have gone off the deep end. So I'll say thanks to those who have common sense and, as always, be a gentleman to any and all ladies who have had the privilege to know me.

Thank you.

just1more

Definitely in the future. Not any time soon, though.

On a semi-related note, I had a pregnancy scare just yesterday. Thank god her retest came back negative, and she was on her period. I'm totally not ready to be a father.

Mondegreen

I don't think so. Mostly because of fear I won't raise them properly.

Go Up