April 18, 2024, 08:21:28 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Would you ever have kids?

Started by snoorkel, October 24, 2011, 07:15:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Thoughts

Definitely at some point
8 (33.3%)
Maybe
8 (33.3%)
Adopt / foster sure
2 (8.3%)
No, none, never
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Go Down

snoorkel

I'd be interested to see Boyah's thoughts on the issue of BIRTHING CHILDREN. Is it something that interests you? If you want to have your own kids, do you want to soon (before age 30)?

I'm pretty sure I would never want to have my own child, it seems cruel to me. I'd happily adopt or foster multiple kids much later in life.

silvertone

I would probably adopt a kid before having Birth of a kid, but that is me right now, assuming I want a kid.
but in a few years...decades.....

Hiro

I don't really like any of the poll options for some reason, they're too divisive or something.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'll have a kid or two at some point, probably when I'm like thirty or so. I also really want to adopt a kid. So probably 2 total, 1 adopted and 1 biological.

snoorkel

I would like to join the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement that silvertone mentioned  n_u

silvertone

Quote from: vziard on October 24, 2011, 07:26:56 PM
I would like to join the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement that silvertone mentioned  n_u
you are a member until you have kids, but you can become a member again afterwords if you never have kids again.

I believe it is something in the line of Something so radical that if a few people believe it the majority will profit from their expense [of not having children]

so like if a portion of the population not has children then population can remain stable. But the USA already has a stable birth rate, it is the immigrants that really up the population. this would be better in developing countries then first world. also it could be argued that overpopulation isn't really a problem with the advancement of technology???

snoorkel

Quote from: silvertone on October 24, 2011, 07:29:42 PM
you are a member until you have kids, but you can become a member again afterwords if you never have kids again.

I believe it is something in the line of Something so radical that if a few people believe it the majority will profit from their expense [of not having children]

so like if a portion of the population not has children then population can remain stable. But the USA already has a stable birth rate, it is the immigrants that really up the population. this would be better in developing countries then first world. also it could be argued that overpopulation isn't really a problem with the advancement of technology???

in stable economies probably, but there are still way too many people in the world in total.

silvertone

with the way the wealth is currently divided, I agree.

snoorkel

I think we should shoot for 500m total, any more is too many.

applesauce

I definitely want to raise children. Whether or not I want to actually have biological children will depend on technological advances over the next 15 years or so. I have a genetic disease that I would rather not pass on to more people.

??????

Quote from: vziard on October 24, 2011, 07:26:56 PM
lol wtf
i thought they were unheard of

i want a designer baby  giggle;

YPrrrr

Yep, kind of do... Someone has to fulfill my pro sports dreams for me girl;

hobbit

i'm never having children. the future earth will thank me for not contributing to the overpopulation problem. plus i don't want anyone to inherit my mental illnesses.

YPrrrr

Quote from: hobbit on October 25, 2011, 02:37:43 AM
i'm never having children. the future earth will thank me for not contributing to the overpopulation problem. plus i don't want anyone to inherit my mental illnesses.
P. sure it's going to get overpopulated anyway. Western countries aren't so much the problem, especially in Europe. The US does have one of the highest birth rates for an economic power but the largest factor in population increases is immigration

Commander Fuckass

Maybe.
after babysitting my sister's son for almost two years I dont think I really want any kids any time soon
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

snoorkel

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 26, 2011, 10:46:52 AM
P. sure it's going to get overpopulated anyway. Western countries aren't so much the problem, especially in Europe. The US does have one of the highest birth rates for an economic power but the largest factor in population increases is immigration

but people can't immigrate unless they're born first, right  akudood; akudood;

having another kid in India or having another kid in Italy doesn't contribute differently to overpopulation of the world, it's +1 either way (unless u racist)

Go Up