Name one problem that's fucking your head up the most right now.

Started by 6M69I69B9, October 21, 2011, 06:02:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

[move](Oh God, this thread isn't supposed to be only about me.)[/move]

My whole family is fucked if I don't get a job, but I just keep on thinking that I shouldn't be relied on.  My sister has been the only one contronting me about this, and it gets worse as months go by.  Others in my family just tell me not to worry about it, but I just know that everything is going to get fucked if I don't do anything.  My mom has worked so fucking hard for this family, and her condition has gotten worse from working at her jobs for years.  She's going to have surgery on Halloween this year, and she'll be paid 60% from what she normally gets.  I think this is enough information.    

I know, I know, I'm a fucking terrible son who needs to fucking step it up.  I just...can't handle the thought of having a job.  Too many fucking things is going wrong, just fuck.  I have a horrible schedule for school, too, which makes me less available for any jobs offered, if I was confident about getting a job.  I'm being vague about my whole problem, but I think I've targeted the main shit.  I'm just too pussy to actually grow up.  I honestly want to help, but...I just can't overcome a few things.      

The only thing I have to offer, are my shitty art skills.  At anything else, I'm too dumbfucked to function.  God damn it.  Man, I'm so fucking pathetic.  Just fuck, man.  To think I was stressed already.      
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

snoorkel

In no way am I saying this is the reasonable course of action, but sometimes the best thing to do is just fucking up and divorce it all and get out on your own. The world is built on people who grew up sacrificing their lives to support/satisfy parents and family. I guess it comes down to how much you really, actually want to help them... that's the part you left out.

...your life is about you, not them, so fuck them if they're forcing you into situations you know aren't best for you.

Hiro

If you care about your family and feel that you really need to help them, get a fucking job. It doesn't matter if you feel uncomfortable with it. You're going to have to get a job at some point, unless you have some brilliant plan to just make money. Most people aren't like that though. Why aren't you confident about getting a job? Apply for taco bell or some bullshit, there's really not much pressure when working at a place like that. You sit around, clean some things up, put shit in a microwave, and they give you money.
Why don't you think you should be relied on? You're part of the family, and if you want to continue functioning in your family as you do now and you're the only person who can help them, you need to contribute.
It's not about "stepping up", don't think about it that way. When things in life get tough, you have to work a little harder. That's just a fact.

silvertone

feel really ~disillusioned~ with all things atm, but i think that is common for Folks my age.

vulpix

Quote from: Hiro on October 24, 2011, 02:28:49 AM
Apply for taco bell or some bullshit, there's really not much pressure when working at a place like that. You sit around, clean some things up, put shit in a microwave, and they give you money.

wow way to shoot for the moon kiddo  awdood;

you only get what you put into life.  if you wanna go through your days exerting the least possible effort, you'll wonder later on down the road why your life feels meaningless and empty.   

applesauce

Is your problem that you are taking too much of their resources or that you are not giving them any of your resources?

hobbit

why am i such a fuckup? idk, i just have a hard time buying into all this rat race bullshit.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: hobbit on October 25, 2011, 02:42:00 AM
why am i such a fuckup? idk, i just have a hard time buying into all this rat race bullshit.
then don't buy it?

also, I'm trying to figure out a way to not be so dependent on other people for my happiness. I think part of the reason relationships never work out for me is that I put too much on the other person, which scares them off and honestly it's a pretty unhealthy way to live. I want to try again with someone whom I had a good thing with, but fucked it up. I just want to prove...something? That I can be in a healthy relationship? I don't know.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

??????

Socks

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on October 25, 2011, 06:36:28 PM
I'm having a good time over here. Anyone want to join me?

I'm having a good time too. But please, stay away!<---- Fuck this bim nigga though.

silvertone

LCK

Quote from: vulpix on October 24, 2011, 08:32:45 PM
wow way to shoot for the moon kiddo  awdood;

you only get what you put into life.  if you wanna go through your days exerting the least possible effort, you'll wonder later on down the road why your life feels meaningless and empty.   
his point was that he doesn't necessarily need any real skills to get a job
op is making it sound like his "art skills" are the only thing he could use to get a job, when in reality he truly can just strive for some entry level position anywhere
or he could take initiative and do what he wants in life at this age
it's perfectly fine to start out with a low paying and degrading job if you're okay with that yourself. who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks.
there's nothing wrong with taking what you can get when it is really necessary, in no way does it mean you're striving for anything less in life than anyone else, none of this is permanent

Go Up