April 23, 2024, 03:20:24 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I have no ambition

Started by Travis, September 29, 2011, 09:31:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I bumped into this girl last week I hadn't seen in a few years.

I asked her where she was all this time. Where she was studying. What she was studying.

She had been working in a gas station down in Las Vegas New Mexico for the last year and a half after she decided to drive down there on a whim.

That's really cool.

I want to be a television news writer. I'm pretty decided on that line of work. I'll be the guy that writes those fifteen second snippets that the anchors stumble over. I'll pack them full of alliterations and long words and the anchors will hate me, but when that teleprompter comes up, what are they going to do about it? Wing it?

My goal in life is to make local news anchors stutter.

snoorkel

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on October 08, 2011, 11:38:22 PM
I bumped into this girl last week I hadn't seen in a few years.

I asked her where she was all this time. Where she was studying. What she was studying.

She had been working in a gas station down in Las Vegas New Mexico for the last year and a half after she decided to drive down there on a whim.

That's really cool.

I want to be a television news writer. I'm pretty decided on that line of work. I'll be the guy that writes those fifteen second snippets that the anchors stumble over. I'll pack them full of alliterations and long words and the anchors will hate me, but when that teleprompter comes up, what are they going to do about it? Wing it?

My goal in life is to make local news anchors stutter.

That's a fucking great goal, aim high and do it, son.

Socks

It's funny you should say that. The other day I was driving to work and noticed the running monologue in my head resembled a script. I thought that I could do this for a living. Or writing freakish OP/EDs in the newsprint weekly. Who knows. Novels, perhaps? Or vignettes too. If school doesn't work out, which I have not completely lost faith in. I shall see to a life of writing. Passions and talent permitting.

If you invite me on your show. We can have a stutter fest when we trap the anchor boy.

Go Up