September 30, 2024, 02:24:34 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I don't know why I find this so fascinating

Started by Hippopo, September 23, 2011, 09:22:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hippopo

So last night I watched this kickass Nova documentary called Dogs Decoded, and they were trying to figure out how we domesticated Grey Wolves and shit.  Well, to figure it out, they did artificial selection on foxes and chose to breed only the ones that were non-agressive and curious of humans.  They said it was only 1% of the first generation.

WELL GUESS FUCKING WHAT

By the third generation, not only were the vast majority of the puppies friendly towards humans, but their appearance changed. Their coat color became white and they became larger (or smaller, I can't remember lolololol).

I was all like, WTFF (what the fucking fuck)

And then I was like, whoa.

That's pretty cool that behavior can be bred AND that appearance changes with it.

Now I want a fox.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Andria

I want one too but they are ridiculously expensive  :(
I was researching on a site that adopts them out and I could never afford it

Mando Pandango

You can import a domesticated fox for like 3 grand from Russia.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hippopo

Quote from: Mio on September 23, 2011, 09:22:49 PM
I want one too but they are ridiculously expensive  :(
I was researching on a site that adopts them out and I could never afford it
There are a ton of foxes here.  Maybe I can catch them and start my own fox farm. I'll give you one of course. toothdood;

Quote from: ポ--,,ルの" on September 23, 2011, 09:22:56 PM
You can import a domesticated fox for like 3 grand from Russia.
Are there any package deals if you buy a wife as well?  confuseddood;

snoorkel

yeah, I've seen that too, makes me really want a pet fox.

Socks

Hmm. . . I don't know about this. It doesn't make me necessarily want to own a fox, a pet fox. No. I would rather have sufficient privileges to visit a fox enclosure, a fox farm, where I can obverse foxes, in the wild and very personally. To be with them. To think about them. To understand them. To know foxes. Think about the foxes. And all of science. Foxy science. Scientific foxiness. This would give me pleasure. I would enjoy the foxes.

Daddy

silvertone

Hippopo

silvertone

hobbit

Quote from: Socks on September 23, 2011, 11:05:46 PM
Hmm. . . I don't know about this. It doesn't make me necessarily want to own a fox, a pet fox. No. I would rather have sufficient privileges to visit a fox enclosure, a fox farm, where I can obverse foxes, in the wild and very personally. To be with them. To think about them. To understand them. To know foxes. Think about the foxes. And all of science. Foxy science. Scientific foxiness. This would give me pleasure. I would enjoy the foxes.
foxes give me pleasure too

YPrrrr

Travis

Quote from: Socks on September 23, 2011, 11:05:46 PM
i really like this post

Go Up