April 17, 2024, 08:23:20 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Netflixster

Started by snoorkel, September 19, 2011, 09:04:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snoorkel

Once again, I don't understand why people get so 'upset' about things like this -- Netflix announced today that they are splitting their DVD delivery service into a new service (Quikster), and even PhysOrg took the time to post 'Are Netflix's best days behind them?' similar shit all over the place.

Netflix has been capitalizing on streaming for the past several years and obviously that's where their future is (smartphone, game console, TV etc streaming), I half suspect that if they had announced they were completely DROPPING the DVD delivery, people would be saying 'Netflix takes bold step forward!!' instead

I think it's pretty obvious they are splitting the two up so they can re-design the DVD delivery service and possibly make a few billion selling it off. If the bulk of your business depended on digital, over-the-air content, would you want to keep dealing with physical delivery and the expenses that come with it?  doodhuh;

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Plus, their called Netflix, not mailflix

I mean goddamn people.

Hiro

also i'm looking forward to video game rentals  hocuspocus;

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Nyerp

FAMY2

September 20, 2011, 05:53:29 AM #5 Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:24:58 AM by FAMY2
Seems the biggest complaint was lack of movies people wanted to rent on DVD. New releases anyways. So it makes sense to me.

Andria

As someone who just used streaming from the start I have zero problem with all of this as opposed to everyone freaking out about it

strongbad

i only use instant
i pirate everything else because it is more convenient and i am lazy

snoorkel

I always liked Netflix for ripping and copying every DVD I got, it's a fast and cheap way to build a high-quality movie collection  hocuspocus;

Daddy

The problem I have with Streaming only is that most of the movies I want to watch are DVD only.

By splitting the stuff I need to manage the DVDs and stream queues on two different sites which is more annoying than just clicking "add to dvd queue" if streaming isn't an option.

PLEASEHELP1991

I cancelled the streaming service because lately it's been problematic with the PS3 and I don't want to have two separate transactions on my debit card to worry about overdraft fees.
I love [you]

Hiro

Looks like they cancelled it  n_u

Go Up