April 19, 2024, 05:31:44 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Wait, you could summon sol for a helper?

Oh wait, i prob disnt know cuz i was hollow

Thyme

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on January 20, 2014, 07:42:36 PM
Wait, you could summon sol for a helper?

Oh wait, i prob disnt know cuz i was hollow

oh i only knew because i was looking at a walkthrough the whole time giggle;

Infel

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on January 20, 2014, 12:25:46 PM
i don't get what the hard on with havel is, your common black knights are way harder. it's so simple to get behind him and backstap, rinse, repeat as long as necessary. i mean yeah the one hit kill thing is cool i guess but avoiding it is like baby town frolics

It's more the psychological horror of that thing moving like a tank at you than anything. He was terrifying just to LOOK at. Then you beat him and it's like oh.

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: Infel on January 20, 2014, 09:00:11 PM
It's more the psychological horror of that thing moving like a tank at you than anything. He was terrifying just to LOOK at. Then you beat him and it's like oh.

i guess but i mean there's a hydra outside who will wreck your shit equally if you don't know how to approach it

in comparison it was definitely a lot more terrifying and challenging
What the fuck was it for anyway?

TooB

Quote from: Thyme on January 20, 2014, 07:46:33 PM
oh i only knew because i was looking at a walkthrough the whole time giggle;
right. I knew you can summon certain npc phantoms for some bosses, but since i was hollow the summon sign didnt show up. So i has to do that fight the hard way

TooB

[spoiler]how hard is this area inside a painting im reading about? If i beat ornstein, should i be able to handle it? [/spoiler]

Thyme

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on January 21, 2014, 08:34:10 PM
[spoiler]how hard is this area inside a painting im reading about? If i beat ornstein, should i be able to handle it? [/spoiler]

yeah i went in there way before i could beat them

Placebo Headwound

January 24, 2014, 07:25:29 AM #82 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:31:13 AM by Placebo Headwound
Oreo and Smores aren't very hard at all if you're just patient.

And Ornstein's supermode is much easier than Smough's. Just block everything with a high stability shield.

TooB

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on January 24, 2014, 07:25:29 AM
Oreo and Smores aren't very hard at all if you're just patient.

And Ornstein's supermode is much easier than Smough's. Just block everything with a high stability shield.
i am nothing but patient in that game. Its not patience that is the problem. Its when smogh is charging at you, so i dodge outta the way. But theres orn doinghis dash right at me and smogh still there swinging and orn now slashing and throeing bolts, and theyre both right on me.

Two on one in a game like this is dickish, especially when one has large range, and one is fast, and both of their attention is on you. Constantly.

Regardless, i have overcome them, but that doesnt mean they werent a pain.

TooB

Also i found smoughs super to be easier, because its basically the two asylum demons strat all over again.
Stay close and whack butt, and dodge the aoe attack, and repeat.

But tjats just me

silvertone

TooB

Samus Aran

just did sen's fortress up to the annoyingly well-hidden bonfire that i wouldn't have known about if it hadn't been for a orange soapstone message

that place, while annoying, is also really fun lol. very tense.

Placebo Headwound

Smough's superform is annoying because that AOE attack is much wider that's Ornstein's version of it. And Ornstein has very few lightning moves and can all be dodge easily. The only annoying attack is that stab thing that takes most of your health, but it's easy to dodge back when you recognize the animation for it. Dodging to the left or right always gets you hit.

High stability shield is a necessity in that fight. If only to be able to dodge a Smough charge and still have enough stamina to block Ornstein right after. You just gotta keep both of them onscreen at once, which is where a little bit of annoyance comes in.

Placebo Headwound

By the way, what kind of build are you all using? I only really like sorcerer or dex builds personally.

Go Up