April 16, 2024, 10:48:38 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Quote from: Nyerp on November 20, 2018, 12:46:24 PMpick a different sword and start upgrading it. the drake sword is a meme that can't carry you through the game
yeah drake sword was useless to me before i even got to blight town, i don't know how reaper is still using it lol
start upgrading stuff at the blacksmith my dude. my gargoyle halberd does almost 150+ damage on the drake sword at this point lol

C.Mongler

I fucking did it I beat the bastards holy shit lol I was sweating like crazy

Samus Aran

Quote from: reeper on November 20, 2018, 12:42:45 PMI'm about to go to Lando soon, I'll have to see how hard this place is. I'm still not great at parying or backstabbing  yet

Still walking around with this drake sword, I thought I'd get a better sword by now lol

you should definitely ditch that thing and upgrade something else, as the two above me said. what you choose to upgrade kinda depends on your build but yeah

also, don't worry too much about being good at parrying. in the main game, it's really only all that useful against the final boss.  otherwise it's just an advanced tech that only works on certain types of enemies, so i wouldn't worry about it much. backstabbing, on the other hand, is extremely useful and not at all difficult. just circle around an enemy and do the backstab. makes enemies like black knights into jokes. again though, only works on specific types of enemies.

C.Mongler

Quote from: reeper on November 20, 2018, 12:42:45 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on November 20, 2018, 07:47:25 AMI'm getting closer to beating Smough and Ornstein, the fight isn't as tough as I originally thought now that I've got the dance-around-the-pillars strategy down for the most part; it just takes a ton of time and patience. Managed to take down Ornstein and almost got Smough, but he killed me at the last minute with some cheese electric ass bounce. i was out of flasks and as such was at half health when i got hit by the electricity; if i had one more, which i would have had if i didn't goof and get hit by a knight on the way in, i probably would have won lol oh well

doing this solo with no summons btw lol, the sentinals gaurding the room make trying to summon solaire a pain in the dick and thus far seems like more trouble than its worth, and i havent paid for my nintendo online yet sooooo

Hmm no summons and the bosses sound like a pain, I'm not exactly looking forward to that boss

I'm about to go to Lando soon, I'll have to see how hard this place is. I'm still not great at parying or backstabbing  yet

Still walking around with this drake sword, I thought I'd get a better sword by now lol
Oh, you definitely don't have to do it the way I did it. If you are paying for Switch online you can summon someone for jolly cooperation, which honestly, yes you should take advantage of lol. Alternatively you can summon Solaire as an NPC buddy, assuming you've been talkin' to him thus far, but the caveat is you have to summon him half-way through this gigantic room with two tricky royal sentinels in it. they're huge, fast, and have a gigantic fucking range with their halberds. you also have to be human to summon him. the best course of action is to kill the sentinels before you summon him, because otherwise he'll get caught up in fighting them and probably take a lot of damage before you even get to the boss, however fighting them yourself before you summon if you're shit at video games like me can lead to taking a lot of damage from the sentinels because they're assholes, which wastes precious flasks that you'll need for the boss fight, or just dying completely, which leads to wasting humanity since you need to be human to summon his ass.

all that being the case is why i just chose to b-line straight for the boss as a hollow without even bothering trying to get solaire to fight with me lol. the fight is the toughest thus far, but honestly isn't that hard once you figure out a strategy. it mostly just takes a lot of patience and discipline with not getting greedy with trying to get hits in. i can give more tips once you get there.

as far as parrying and backstabbing, they aren't super necessary for londo. what's more necessary is git'n good at dodging and rolling. a lot of enemies can quickly wear down your stamina when you shield block or just ignore your shield completely. that said, once you get to the section of londo where there's a fuckton of silver knights, being able to parry them consistently will make your life much much easier. you can basically parry -> 1 shot stab all of them, vs having to dance with them for a minute or two each to take them down, and in some areas you're facing like 3 of them at a time which makes doing that dance real risky.

also good look with the archers lol that shit was even more frustrating than the boss.

C.Mongler

also i cheesed ceasless discharge cuz i wasnt really sure where to go or what to do so now hes dead yaay

Nyerp

get ready for the absolute worst part of the game goodjob;

C.Mongler

lol that's what my RL dark souls veteran friends have said too frick  sillydood;

C.Mongler

lol im about to beat bed of chaos damn i might actually finish this shit

Samus Aran

enjoy the worst boss ever in souls history

C.Mongler

i didn't that shit was stupid lol

also i lied im not beating this shit gwyn is 2 hard someone parry for me

Go Up