April 27, 2024, 10:06:06 PM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Issues of Career

Started by Classic, October 14, 2011, 09:57:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Classic

[youtube]A3M3jcZvkg0[/youtube]

We all want to be different things in life. Boyah happens to be a forum full of diverse individuals with hopes and dreams of their own. My goals in life should be apparent to most...but here lately I've been wondering about a career that would not only be something that makes me happy, but something that is obtainable in its way. I love wearing makeup and dressing up. It makes me feel safe. And as much as I would love to pursue my other interests, I think this is what would be best for me. I love acting, singing and the feeling of being somebody else. I think this is what I could do and be happy with it.

But the problem is, how would I get there? Where would I go? Who would I see?

And would anybody believe in me?  >.<

ITT: problems with your dreams.

Socks

October 14, 2011, 10:15:48 PM #1 Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:24:41 PM by Socks
I don't believe you. But that's just a belief. What is true however, is that I don't have career issues. They don't exist. Strictly speaking. I have personal problems. Which are more important, and widespread. And what most people incorrectly think of as career involved. But that is a misunderstanding. It assignes character to terms and objects, and not the man and what he has done and learned. When who you are is not a known order, your being is unknowingly flawed. And that's a damn tragedy. Because a program, the right crowd and the proper path, can only take you so far when your concept is so inappropriate. You'll realize just how far you have not gone, but will never realize why not. I focus on what my philosophy and purpose is, so I can fulfill the right lifestyle for me. Careers will grow and stem from this, and this alone. Then I will have been happy and successful. I can only implore virtues, and preach practice, but you must act upon them. Master and own. From inception untl the very end. Orignal and well. Brings a house wife and company. And makes a man belong. This is what I deem life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness! That's my 2 cents. Free of charge. The rest is gonna cost you. Beware.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Bert Schnick on October 14, 2011, 09:57:29 AM
[youtube]A3M3jcZvkg0[/youtube]

We all want to be different things in life. Boyah happens to be a forum full of diverse individuals with hopes and dreams of their own. My goals in life should be apparent to most...but here lately I've been wondering about a career that would not only be something that makes me happy, but something that is obtainable in its way. I love wearing makeup and dressing up. It makes me feel safe. And as much as I would love to pursue my other interests, I think this is what would be best for me. I love acting, singing and the feeling of being somebody else. I think this is what I could do and be happy with it.

But the problem is, how would I get there? Where would I go? Who would I see?

And would anybody believe in me?  >.<

ITT: problems with your dreams.

There's a guy in one of my systematic inquiry classes that's a theater major and he's pretty much coasting through his college career playing major roles in most productions. The guy's obviously very charismatic and talented, but it can be done.

Look for a school that might offer a proper program that focuses on theater and pursue that as a major (but have a fallback minor, maybe, for "sustainability".

Maybe you can find work doing stuff behind the scenes too (design, production, etc?) There's a lot out there.

vulpix

Quote from: Socks on October 14, 2011, 10:15:48 PM
When who you are is not a known order, your being is unknowingly flawed. And that's a damn tragedy. Because a program, the right crowd and the proper path, can only take you so far when your concept is so inappropriate. You'll realize just how far you have not gone, but will never realize why not. I focus on what my philosophy and purpose is, so I can fulfill the right lifestyle for me. Careers will grow and stem from this, and this alone. Then I will have been happy and successful.

you are a wise man

Zach

I'll probably end up teaching at a university, filling kids with nonsense about post-modern gibberish. Maybe I'll archive Socks' posts - they'll make for excellent teaching tools.

Go Up