April 27, 2024, 09:13:42 PM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nick Cave

Started by Samus Aran, August 11, 2011, 01:38:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

So does anyone else dig Cave's various acts? I pretty much like all of them. The man has had such awesome variety in his musical styles throughout the years. The Birthday Party, Bad Seeds, Grinderman. All great stuff. In particular I'm really digging Grinderman at the moment.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Funny you mention that. I was listening through "from her to eternity" while I was working this morning.

silvertone

I have only listened to The Birthday Party and I love them. Every once in a while I hear another project of his on the radio and it is usually good and he has cool hair + mustache.

[hedy]Zidone

Samus Aran

Quote from: silvertone on August 11, 2011, 01:44:09 PM
I have only listened to The Birthday Party and I love them. Every once in a while I hear another project of his on the radio and it is usually good and he has cool hair + mustache.

i guess it sort of depends on my mood at the time but i think i actually like Bad Seeds more than Birthday Party

Quote from: Zidone on August 11, 2011, 04:31:50 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWg4dnXCpt8[/youtube]

cool, keeping it traditional

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

He has a scene in a Wim Wenders movie, Wings of Desire or something. I saw it with this girl Jessie, definitely a movie you would want to take a hipster girl to.]

Nick Cave's music isn't really my cup of tea. I bought Dig, Lazarus! Dig! or whatever some years back and it just seemed like a band playing behind him as he talked to a rhythm.

Maybe I just picked a bad album to start out with, who knows.

Samus Aran

Quote from: On Stid on August 12, 2011, 12:40:59 AM
He has a scene in a Wim Wenders movie, Wings of Desire or something. I saw it with this girl Jessie, definitely a movie you would want to take a hipster girl to.]

Nick Cave's music isn't really my cup of tea. I bought Dig, Lazarus! Dig! or whatever some years back and it just seemed like a band playing behind him as he talked to a rhythm.

Maybe I just picked a bad album to start out with, who knows.

well i actually love his spoken-word-ish stuff

dig yourself, laaazarus dig yourself, laaazarus dig yourself

but only a small amount of his overall work is in that style

[hedy]Zidone

Quote from: Suigintou on August 12, 2011, 01:42:29 AM
well i actually love his spoken-word-ish stuff

dig yourself, laaazarus dig yourself, laaazarus dig yourself

but only a small amount of his overall work is in that style

This is also from that Current 93 album he was on:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsKhXuT_kDE[/youtube]

Go Up