May 12, 2024, 06:14:27 AM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

$80 price drop in four months what the lol

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, July 28, 2011, 01:24:01 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Now all I need to do is wait for a new model that isn't terrible. hnnnnnnnnnnnng RUB IT

ME##

Quote from: Tectrinket on July 28, 2011, 05:39:08 PM
Now all I need to do is wait for a new model that isn't terrible. hnnnnnnnnnnnng RUB IT

hnnng i can't wait for the 3dless 3ds too RUB IT

Cookie

Yeah I already have nearly all 20 of those games. I'm going to wait for the new model and maybe get Vita when it comes out.

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

And after all the work the DS had to do to make Nintendo relevant again. goowan

>mfw it's exactly like the ps3 cancelling out all of the ps2's success

Eighth-generation Nintendo has become seventh-generation Sony. Reichdood;

Kalahari Inkantation

oh my, the impact of smartphones has been far greater than i'd previously thought befuddlement

Then again, based on this chart, it's entirely possible that many people who purchased smartphones would not have purchased a handheld console in in the first place, and these sales are in addition to regular portable sales. sillydood;

ME##

Quote from: Tectrinket on July 28, 2011, 06:08:14 PM

oh my, the impact of smartphones has been far greater than i'd previously thought befuddlement

Then again, based on this chart, it's entirely possible that many people who purchased smartphones would not have purchased a handheld console in in the first place, and these sales are in addition to regular portable sales. sillydood;

couldn't it also be taken as that since smartphone games are ~cheaper~ to produce, obviously they'll make money more easily and a comparable ds or psp game befuddlement

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Maester86 on July 28, 2011, 06:12:18 PM
couldn't it also be taken as that since smartphone games are ~cheaper~ to produce, obviously they'll make money more easily and a comparable ds or psp game befuddlement

that too

I think what we're seeing is the gaming industry losing the 'casual' market to phones and whatnot (after only a generation too lol), and as a result we'll see video games revert to being relatively niche as they were prior to this generation. sillydood;

Nyerp

for some reason i highly doubt "super mario in 3dland" and mario kart 7 are the real names

Classic

They're losing money per system sold.

I think it's to boost sales before holiday 2011/ PSP Vita comes out. Nintendo makes money off of their software anyway so it's not like they're going to take a hit. goowan

Kalahari Inkantation

Classic

Good lord. I'm not sure.  huhdoodame;

Oh well. Not like it matters. As I said, they make more money off the software anyway. goowan

Texy-sexy, are you going to get a 3DS now?  giggle;

Go Up