January 16, 2019, 06:41:11 AM

1,534,687 Posts in 46,053 Topics by 1,039 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.


~Gri to Khadafi~

Started by gri, July 19, 2011, 02:35:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Go Down

gri

Quote from: Khadafi
I don't even think I have a mod for that.


1  Publish your current list of installed mods
2  somewhere in ~Announcements~.
3
4  By forced numbering of code lines
5  you cease the more significant designation of the code tags -
6  to copy and paste the predefined code directly to its destination file -
7
8  under the pretext of somebody's convenience of reading the code.
9
10 It is pure moderation.
11
12 Following your incorrect logic -
13 why not to forcely add the lines numbers
14 into others' posts ?
15
16 It will be definitely convenient to somebody..
17 who is not familiar yet with the Winding tool designation.

?????

Quote from: Khadafi on July 21, 2011, 11:27:26 AM
If I removed the mod concerning line numbers then how could someone easily identify an error when posting code? Giving a line number provides a simple way to say "remove the if statement from line n".

I don't even think I have a mod for that.


I think he doesn't like that when you try to copy the code, you end up copying the line numbers as well.
Die for Dethklok

bluaki

Quote from: TheSequel on July 21, 2011, 05:16:53 PM
I think he doesn't like that when you try to copy the code, you end up copying the line numbers as well.
I agree with this issue. The mod should be designed such that the line numbers are in a different element than the code itself, like what pastebin does. It's enough of an issue that I wouldn't be surprised if a SMF 2.0 equivalent mod fixes it.

Khadafi

I agree that is annoying.

There isn't a mod related to the line numbers though so I don't know if that was a manual edit in the last 4 years or if it's a hidden option.

I do agree that it's annoying to have the line numbers show up in a copypaste but I can't do much if I don't know of a mod that does it or when it was possibly edited. Best bet is to wait until our move to 2.0

gri

Quote from: Khadafi
There isn't a mod related to the line numbers though
so I don't know if that was a manual edit in the last 4 years
or if it's a hidden option.


Who was responsible for manual edit ?

Attach Display.php please.

?????

Quote from: Khadafi on July 22, 2011, 06:24:49 AM
I agree that is annoying.

There isn't a mod related to the line numbers though so I don't know if that was a manual edit in the last 4 years or if it's a hidden option.

I do agree that it's annoying to have the line numbers show up in a copypaste but I can't do much if I don't know of a mod that does it or when it was possibly edited. Best bet is to wait until our move to 2.0


I thought you were good with computers  :'(
Die for Dethklok

Khadafi

We have 75 mods installed akudood;
Figuring which mod did what is impossible since half won't even uninstall anymore since some SMF coders are fucktards who use "replace" constantly even though the coding guidelines say not to use it unless necessary.  e.g.

If you are at the line "foo, bar, foobar();" and want to add "fizbaz" to the end you should do a find and insert ", fizbaz" after "foo, bar, foobar();" rather than replacing "foo, bar, foobar()" with "foo, bar, foobar(), fizbaz;"

Quote from: gri on July 22, 2011, 03:00:25 PM
Who was responsible for manual edit ?

Attach Display.php please.

i dunno it could have happened anytime over the last 4 years.

I'd just wait until we move to SMF2.0 since there will be a much neater template.

gri

Quote from: Khadafi
I'd just wait until we move to SMF2.0
since there will be a much neater template.


No much sense in moving to 2.0 .
Particularly, the code tags do not work properly in 2.0 .

I have switched off my PM notification.
Put the login details to your hosting control panel (ftp, MySQL)
to my PM.

Nyerp

Quote from: gri on July 23, 2011, 10:21:15 AM
I have switched off my PM notification.
Put the login details to your hosting control panel (ftp, MySQL)
to my PM.



whoa whoa whoa

Khadafi


Clara Listensprechen

?????

That looks like a bit much.
Please remove my account from this board. Thank you.

gri

Quote from: JMV290
I must say after talking to Clara and her explaining gri a bit,
posts such as

Quote from: gri
Have you the board for the removed topics ?


make much more sense in the context of what his posts are about.


Have you the board for the removed topics ?
Make it public.

Clara Listensprechen

July 23, 2011, 12:43:06 PM #42 Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:50:43 PM by Clara Listensprechen
Tell ya what, boys--asking for logins is not smart. How about this--you guys wanna work out code, I can set you up with a Hypercrites sub board and make you both Admins to do whatever the hell u want, experiment with code, board setup, whatnot. But nobody gets host login info.

Gri, Freedom to Move Thoughts is limited (apparently) only to SMF boards; and now, apparently, by SMF version. This alone restricts Freedom, does it not?

Now--what version of SMF is ideal for this project?

I'd also like to hear in detail what's so wrong with 2.0.

================UPDATE===================================

I just fetched the 1.1.14 install package, and I do know that there's a File Manager that works with that---it would be like having host access to files.  Whaddaya say?  1.1.14 with File Manager?
Please remove my account from this board. Thank you.

Khadafi

We very rarely delete posts unless:

a.) It's something we don't want appearing publicly like someone posting grandma donkey scat porn.
b.) Someone deletes their own post because they posted it in the wrong topic and they are reposting it elsewhere. Or they changed their mind.

So allowing those posts to be visible add nothing valuable to discussion.
Quote from: Clara Listensprechen on July 23, 2011, 12:43:06 PM
Tell ya what, boys--asking for logins is not smart. How about this--you guys wanna work out code, I can set you up with a Hypercrites sub board and make you both Admins to do whatever the hell u want, experiment with code, board setup, whatnot. But nobody gets host login info.

Gri, Freedom to Move Thoughts is limited (apparently) only to SMF boards; and now, apparently, by SMF version. This alone restricts Freedom, does it not?

Now--what version of SMF is ideal for this project?
Right now I still have my classes and stuff to take care of, and a mod or two I've been working on completing, but once I get that working I can look into the quote mod as I initially said.

I'd rather not added or remove mods as they are right now just because our source code is a mess due to the large number of mods and manual edits made. We really haven't added many new mods (other than version upgrades) in about a year because I've been waiting on SMF2.0

The best I can do in terms of gri's code issue since I agree that is a problem is allow the line numbers but work some css or javascript magic to prevent them from being copied to a clipboard.

I'd rather hold off on development on that stuff until I get my two incompletes and projects complete first.  hocuspocus;


Clara Listensprechen

Hehehe...don't blame you one bit. Priorities! I'm just saying, though, rather than fiddling with the code on your own board (apparently Gri has a problem with 2.0 anyway) I was offering to set up a board to fiddle with. No need to disturb your established community with experimental stuff.
Please remove my account from this board. Thank you.

Go Up