April 22, 2024, 11:53:50 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Wars

Started by applesauce, July 08, 2011, 11:40:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

applesauce

What do boyagers think of our various wars and what direction would you like to see the government take in Iraq, Afganistan, Yemen, Libya, and Pakistan?

snoorkel

I would like all of our foreign military engagements to end, and divert 90% of 'defense' funding to social works and technological (i.e. SPACE) development. I think the belief that without our war efforts we would be attacked/taken over by muslims/darkies/terrorists/whatever is foolish and just a convenient talking point to cover up the fact that what's at stake is economic relationships, not our safety. There's a better way to do it than by murdering thousands of poor civilians.

piano moths

Quote from: vziard on July 13, 2011, 05:31:44 PM
I would like all of our foreign military engagements to end, and divert 90% of 'defense' funding to social works and technological (i.e. SPACE) development. I think the belief that without our war efforts we would be attacked/taken over by muslims/darkies/terrorists/whatever is foolish and just a convenient talking point to cover up the fact that what's at stake is economic relationships, not our safety. There's a better way to do it than by murdering thousands of poor civilians.

I like this. I don't want to fight with people and I like space.
kill them w kindness

Hiro

Quote from: eeeeeee on July 20, 2011, 11:44:34 AM
I like this. I don't want to fight with people and I like space.
Words to live by.

Nyerp

but if we go to space then we'll just have space wars

wait that would be kickass hell yeah

Daddy

Quote from: Nyerp on July 20, 2011, 02:10:53 PM
but if we go to space then we'll just have space wars

wait that would be kickass hell yeah
If we go to space it will be a star trek full of star wars.

vulpix

Quote from: vziard on July 13, 2011, 05:31:44 PM

QFT muthafucka

Socks

July 29, 2011, 12:21:51 AM #7 Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:38:03 AM by Socks
I think of conflict as entropy--as the natural and ultimate state of affairs.

I think of conflict as inevitable and also beautiful.

I think the universe is an incredibly fortunate arrangement of different elements, divided into groups and comprised of countless warring factions. Of forces that prefer a realm of lawless anarchy over one of order and stability. The latter requires effort while the former only takes time.

I think permanence is a relative myth and always exists in temporary parts, constantly changing from history into potential and possibility.

I think this fact is best embodied and expressed through the stunning display of power and awesome event of an atomic blast.

You see, I think violence is a feature of freedom.

And humanity I think is the extension of conflict.

Kalahari Inkantation

all conflict means is that humans are too goddamn stupid to govern themselves

Which, I suppose, isn't entirely our own fault, but it's not like we don't have the ability to fix that.

the problem is that humanity as a whole has always been unwilling to admit that perhaps there is a possibility that it may not be perfect, and because we're unwilling to admit that we may have flaws we can't fix them and that's why the species continues to act irrationally to this day goodjob;

Go Up