April 23, 2024, 01:00:19 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

TV - Currently Watching Thread

Started by Commander Fuckass, July 08, 2011, 11:38:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

i finished mr. robot earlier today and it destroyed me

heavy recommend

YPrrrr

Finished Mad Men. It was okay. I'm surprised at how much I ended up a fan of Roger despite him largely being an ass

Started The Wire. Pretty good stuff. Little dated obviously but the writing is solid. They really nail how oblivious so many public officials are goodjob;

ME##

Quote from: YPrrrr on May 12, 2020, 08:50:50 AMFinished Mad Men. It was okay. I'm surprised at how much I ended up a fan of Roger despite him largely being an ass

I bet if Harry Hamlin was on more episodes you would have liked it more

YPrrrr

Idk he was just kind of there, nothing against the guy.

And I didn't dislike the show, I just didn't really love it. It had some really good episodes in there

ME##

Quote from: YPrrrr on May 12, 2020, 04:50:41 PMIdk he was just kind of there, nothing against the guy.

And I didn't dislike the show, I just didn't really love it. It had some really good episodes in there

:blinks:

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

man i've been watching Barry and it's the funniest god damn thing I ever seen

strongbad

Been watching Seinfeld and loving it

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

personally i've barely seen any of seinfeld, i keep meaning to get around to actually sitting through the whole thing

but i rarely watch tv tbh lol

Hiro

been watching avatar the last airbender for the first time, it's good wrench;

Mando Pandango

Space. The final frontier.

These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

SHHHHEEEEWWWWWWWWW

BAAAAAAA BUM BUM BAAAAAAA BUM BUM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

riker and deanna have no chemistry but they fuck other people anyway so who cares
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

Quote from: YPrrrr on May 16, 2020, 01:18:00 PMHad you never seen it before? :O
nah i'd seen most of it on TV growing up but it has been over a decade. i definitely vibe with the humor a LOT more as an adult. has also been interesting to watch after going through curb your enthusiasm- so many similarities that make me realize how larry david's influence is probably greater than jerry's

Mando Pandango

Seinfeld has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. I finally recently watched Curb and honestly, knowing Larry through Curb makes Seinfeld even better.

It definitely vibes better as an adult. I think it gets an unfair shake from people who decided they didn't like it bc they saw it when they were young.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

Quote from: Mando Pandango on July 24, 2020, 01:08:43 PMSeinfeld has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. I finally recently watched Curb and honestly, knowing Larry through Curb makes Seinfeld even better.

It definitely vibes better as an adult. I think it gets an unfair shake from people who decided they didn't like it bc they saw it when they were young.
Agreed with all of this. I enjoyed it as a teen but this rewatch is proving how much of it went over my head.

Although we recently took a break from Seinfeld and have been going through Malcolm in the Middle which is a work of art in and of itself. Top tier sitcom imo

Mando Pandango

I went through Malcolm in the Middle last year. Great show

Go Up