March 28, 2024, 05:39:06 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by reeper, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

one movie i forgot to include on that list that i watched this year also is Raw. insane film, pretty great too. extremely good soundtrack.

Quote from: Hiro on October 01, 2022, 11:06:13 AMThe fact that you watch/listen to/play about 20x more media than I do and are able to keep track of and write about it is pretty impressive.

But yeah Parasite is fantastic but I thought Nomadland sucked ass, kettu identified with quite a bit of it and also agreed

it's because i hyperfixate on things and obsess over cataloguing and writing things down to better encase them in my memory

however, i generally bounce around between fixations. i actually watched all those movies between april and july, and havent watched a movie since. right now i am more fixated on revisiting music and rating/cataloguing that on rym, as well as ofc listening to new stuff too. right before this i was definitely on a bit of an anime/manga binge, although i'm always at least watching *some* anime, that one is a constant even if it's just a small one in the background

YPrrrr

Just rewatched Ferris Buellers Day Off. Still a great movie.

But the ending is kind of weird especially with Cameron. How he strangely and quickly gets over the complete destruction of the car when it seems like his dad is pretty abusive. Given that he just faked a suicide like an hour ago at the pool it seems like he already had that thought going through his head. Maybe the car going over the edge is the last push for him in that direction. His sudden serenity coming from the realization that it won't matter if he's dead. That maybe even though his father doesn't care about him, the simultaneous death of his car will make him feel that grief and maybe even regret about how he treated Cameron.

Although I'm probably also thinking this because Hollywood abuses the fuck out of suicide and characters kill themselves all the time over the stupidest shit for cheap drama. But for Cameron it would make sense since he's portrayed as depressed and possibly suicidal for the whole film.

Anyway sorry for cringe Ferris Bueller theories but dang it's weird how he just gets over that at least verbally. Guess when you're out of runtime you've gotta wrap things up

Samus Aran

recently saw The Thing. the 1982 one. fucking fantastic tbh

also rewatched with the gf recently - Fargo, Trainspotting, and Parasite

she absolutely loved Parasite, as she should. she loved Fargo too, just not as much as i do. she seemed to only mildly enjoy Trainspotting unfortunately, i've always loved that movie

Kalahari Inkantation

my roommate and i just finished BL*CKED Panther 2™ (she cute giggle;)

That was bomb AF, I'm quite pleased to report. befuddlement

and frankly i literally did not expect that at all

it's much better than the first one, even

YPrrrr

Watched All Quiet on the Western Front

I knew it would be depressing and it was

Go Up