March 28, 2024, 01:56:13 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Samus Aran on August 29, 2019, 11:51:16 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on August 29, 2019, 06:31:33 AM3 minute opening song, 3 minute recap, 3 minute song credits

i mean this is the shounen standard right here u got urself into this
39;s really the best argument for upgrading to ad free streaming tbh it wouldn't even phase me if skipping didn't bring more mercials
Quote from: Nyerp on August 29, 2019, 12:01:49 PMin what world are anime opening/ending credits 3 minutes long
Okay fine it's just a minute and a half ig but it feels like forever >.<

tommy_no_ice

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 29, 2019, 06:31:33 AM
Quote from: tommy_no_ice on August 29, 2019, 05:44:23 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on August 28, 2019, 01:46:01 PMStarted watching My Hero Academia

Holy shit it has a ton of padding. So many unnecessary flashbacks. So much bloody crying.

But when it's just heroes fighting it's kinda neat I guess
its a kids show wat do U expect
?
kids shows dont recap for a third of the runtime

Seems more of an anime thing - Dragonball Z, Digimon, I don't watch enough animes, One Piece apparently etc.

Typical MHA episode: 3 minute opening song, 3 minute recap, 8 minutes new content, 3 minutes flashbacks (including flashbacks from the same damn episode?), 3 minute song credits

It's a neat 8 minutes though and luckily with streaming you can skip all the other shit

those are all anime's for little kids with short intention spends

No shit they repeat stuff LOL

Quote from: Travis on September 03, 2019, 02:10:01 PMalright here goes nothing

"If you have to shit then shit. If not, don't"
Quote from: Travis on November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PMjimmy fallon his ass when he got too wasted

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on August 29, 2019, 12:01:49 PMin what world are anime opening/ending credits 3 minutes long

well yeah he's exaggerating lol

about 1:20-1:50 is the golden standard for anime openings and endings it seems to me. my hero academia's opening and ending are both about 1:30. recaps before the opening starts are about a minute in length typically.

Samus Aran

finally started Demon Slayer

pretty fuckin lit so far, five eps in

darksouls

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 01, 2019, 01:24:56 PMfinally started Demon Slayer

pretty fuckin lit so far, five eps in
The end...is at the beginning. Watch downwards.

Samus Aran

ok finished demon slayer

pretty great except that zenitsu is an insufferable character. if it wasn't for him i would have enjoyed certain episodes a lot more.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Nyerp on August 28, 2019, 08:00:34 PMnow watch end of evangelion :)
nally watched this and it definitely made up for the shit ending of the tv show.

So much fucked up shit happening at the beginning. RIP that lady dragging that body. RIP that person that god burned. RIP best girl.

The second half was fuckin rad as hell. Loved the animation. Loved how they added more of the frantic animations from the last episodes into the movie, but it works a lot better here. Everything going on in the second half was so batshit crazy and creative. The whole bit with the knock off beatles song: 10/10. This was a great watch and i get why people dig eva now. at first I thought it was just cool 90s gundam. but the shit going on at the end of the show and here in the movie is really cerebral and unlike any anime I've seen before. I wish I saw it when I was younger tho i'm still glad i saw it now.

Nyerp

Samus Aran

i've got a love/hate relationship with the show's original ending. but end of eva is really where it's at. and i'm glad that it doesn't really retcon the show's ending, just expands on it in ways that were very much needed.

Samus Aran

finally got around to finishing kuzu no honkai/scum's wish

i can honestly say it was a chore to watch. not even necessarily because it's a bad show or anything, because it's not. or at least, it's better than average i guess. but the show really is misery for misery's sake. the whole thing is basically just a trainwreck. most of its characters are shallow hypocrites who fully deserve the pain inflicted upon them, and few characters in this damn show are unable to think with anything other than their genitalia.

that being said, the characters are well fleshed-out and nothing feels like totally fake or anything, just...depressing and contrived.

also, practically every moment in this series is treated as way more dramatic than it needs to be. every episode in this show contains numerous instances of "anime final episode where character finally comes to realization and their eyes pop open and the string soundtrack in the back gets really intense"

the art is pretty and the ost is good and the story isn't even bad per se it's just a fucking chore and i hate these people but i can't deny that they're well-written terrible people (but not THAT well-written, just good enough)

i don't recommend this show, it's not enjoyable lol. and there's nothing to really take away from the misery either.

but because it's not exactly a bad show i still give it a 6/10. begrudgingly.

Samus Aran

recently i suddenly wanted to dive into a big-ass shounen again, as that's kinda been missing in my life since db super ended a couple years back

so i finally started watching naruto lol, it's been fun. on ep 40 rn

tommy_no_ice

Quote from: Travis on September 03, 2019, 02:10:01 PMalright here goes nothing

"If you have to shit then shit. If not, don't"
Quote from: Travis on November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PMjimmy fallon his ass when he got too wasted

Samus Aran

silvertone

Samus Aran

Quote from: silvertone on February 26, 2020, 09:27:10 AMWhy tf would you watch naruto

Quoterecently i suddenly wanted to dive into a big-ass shounen again, as that's kinda been missing in my life since db super ended a couple years back

also, i watch a ton of anime of all different types and tend not to have strong biases against things just because they're popular n_u

Go Up