March 28, 2024, 08:13:32 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Nyerp

saw ghibli-knockoff movie "mary and the witch's flower" in the theatre. it was so fucking [glow=black,2,300]_____okay[/glow].

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB

Hiro

gf binge watched sailor moon crystal so i  caught some of that
also started one punch man and then gf binge watched all of it while i was at work lmao

Nyerp

finished fate/apocrypha

entertaining in the first half, but as the massive cast slowly whittles down, you're left with one of the flattest, by-the-numbers shounen-trope protagonists ever conceived, along with a questionable romance story with him as the object. the sheer amount of far more interesting characters who get shafted in favor him is astounding. the main villain is literally a bunch of fate-series cliches rolled into one underdeveloped character. the soundtrack is also extremely limited, with the same 3 or 4 songs playing in every episode, and it's REALLY noticeable. the action scenes have some crazy animation though! i'd give it like a 6.5/10, at least i felt compelled enough to finish it unlike unlimited blade works.

TooB

Well, now the anime is about to air, I just found out that the main character's canon name from Persona 5 is Ren Amamiya

TooB

Finished Violet Evergarden.

It was... one of the best shows I've seen in a while.
I absolutely loved it

Thyme

hey so uh i've been watching fma: brotherhood for the past couple weeks

i love it

i remember liking the original a lot too but i'm p. sure this is better

Samus Aran

i feel like they're about the same tbh. i like that the older show was a bit darker in tone, and what it did with shou tucker's character was a lot cooler.

on the other hand, the ending (including the terrible film) of the original show sucked. while i don't think brotherhood's is amazing, at least it's an actual ending. and the overall story of brotherhood is usually better too imo...and you get way more of certain characters that were cool but not explored enough in the original. like greed and envy. mean commander lady is cool too, but idgaf about the little chinese girl or the weird dumb kid homonculus.

brotherhood also obviously looks slightly better, though unfortunately it does lame chibi stuff sometimes that was thankfully absent in the original. aaand brotherhood's background ost is better imo, tho the original had better opening and ending themes.

so it's really hard for me to pick which one i like more considering they both have tons of things that are better or worse.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

silvertone

Thyme

it took 6 episodes but i’ve finally come to a conclusion

i don’t like gurren lagann befuddlement

silvertone

Quote from: Thyme on July 17, 2018, 03:18:48 PM
it took 6 episodes but i’ve finally come to a conclusion

i don’t like gurren lagann befuddlement
same.!!!! you should watch this other anime... i kinda like it but if you dont want my recommendation i wont give it

Go Up