April 20, 2024, 12:35:46 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on November 04, 2013, 01:24:25 PM
I don't know why I keep watching Cowboy Bebop when every episode is depressing. awdood;

i'd call it "bittersweet" rather than depressing

it's just got very well-thought-out characters and a lot of tragedy but something is usually gained by the end of an episode as well (with some notable exceptions)

the fact that the directing is absolutely flawless probably helps too

TooB

TooB

TooB

Snowy

Quote from: David on November 04, 2013, 01:29:04 PM
because it's an amazing show
Well I am really enjoying it.
Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on November 04, 2013, 02:14:05 PM
i'd call it "bittersweet" rather than depressing

it's just got very well-thought-out characters and a lot of tragedy but something is usually gained by the end of an episode as well (with some notable exceptions)

the fact that the directing is absolutely flawless probably helps too
I really like the animation and everything. It looks really good. I'm loving every second but god damn. awdood;

Snowy

Samus Aran

that episode's art direction was very much inspired by the 90s batman cartoon, thus the design of mad pierrot as well as the heavy shading throughout the episode

especially evident in the opening alleyway scene and that first fight between pierrot and spike

i also really like the bizarre mix of Pink Floyd's "On the Run" used in the creepy as fuck backstory montage for the experiments on Pierrot

really it's just one of the best episodes in the series. that show does so many things and so many styles and pulls them off so well

Snowy

Snowy

Samus Aran

Snowy

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on November 04, 2013, 06:48:33 PM
that episode's art direction was very much inspired by the 90s batman cartoon, thus the design of mad pierrot as well as the heavy shading throughout the episode

especially evident in the opening alleyway scene and that first fight between pierrot and spike

i also really like the bizarre mix of Pink Floyd's "On the Run" used in the creepy as fuck backstory montage for the experiments on Pierrot

really it's just one of the best episodes in the series. that show does so many things and so many styles and pulls them off so well
that episodefucking rules

bluaki

I just got my first non-pokemon anime DVD

it was basically free because of anime club raffle thing

Samus Aran

Snowy

I was under the impression that Blu owned all of the Eva movies already

Hella pumped for 3.33 in english though. Cover looks neato.

Go Up