April 17, 2024, 09:18:26 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

Quote from: Kaz on July 21, 2013, 04:50:41 PM
whoa wait, is the BD already out and fansubbed? i thought both movie BDS came out on July 24th but that info might be outdated and i haven't been keeping up
As of more than a day ago, yes. I already posted about it in the chat thread.
Quote from: bluaki on July 20, 2013, 07:27:42 PM
This happened quite a bit earlier than I expected: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=454481
(both of the first two madoka movies)

Despite being flagged as a raw in nyaa, this does indeed have English subtitles. And another track with Chinese subtitles.

but that link you just posted is a newer upload that apparently uses better subtitle styling.

Both of these aren't really "fansubbed" though. The Blu-Ray had English subtitles on it that people just ripped.

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

bluaki

Quote from: #rektron on July 21, 2013, 05:56:58 PM
i feel like we should really stream this saddood;
When the third movie is available, we definitely should stream it

but these first two are really the same content as the TV series.

ME##

Blu's right, beyond some background changes here and there, much of it is like the TV show. 

Snowy

Quote from: Andria on July 20, 2013, 03:32:48 PM
Kaz have you seen dream eater merry? I have been watching it and really like it
oh I love that series.

I'm on episode 6 or 7 of Attack on Titan and holy wow I like it.

snoorkel

finsihed watching EVA + End of Eva... first time i've seen it  O_0

Snowy

Totla

snoorkel

Quote from: Snowy on July 24, 2013, 08:00:59 AM
how'd you like it? giggle;

it was 10/10.... i feel like i absorbed it on some special level and will always remember it

6M69I69B9

July 25, 2013, 12:52:53 AM #1270 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:17:38 AM by The Last MIB
Watching the new Rozen Maiden- and the first episode, although more of a recap- there are some major differences between the recap and what actually happened in the other seasons.  [spoiler=My little review so far on the past three episodes.]And the Jun from the past is...communicating with his college student self in the future- another time when he didn't circle "Wind" when he first got the envelope.  He's telling him to remake Shinku, wake her up, and to defend himself from her.  (Just a little "joke" I guess.)  I like Kirakishou's appearance- she looks more elegant and mischievous.  But she has no body.  In the recap, they show Kirakishou taking most of Hina Ichigo's body and when she walks to Shinku from a mirror, she gives her Rosa Mystica to her and she's only left with her shoes.  Lol.

Right now, I'm not liking it /that/ much.  Since Jun's really damn dense about one of his coworkers trying to get to know him and she's being really concerned and caring- but he's just ditching work for some doll and something that probably won't even affect the universe.  (Or so I think.)  And she'll call him and at the end of one of the conversations, he asks himself, "What was that all about?"  I don't know how Japanese culture is- but they sure like to make everyone seem like they're in high school like they care about Jun being a loner and making some rumors and shit- I mean, come on.  I can't even believe that he's ditching his classes for this shit.  But fuck it, I'm trailing it.[/spoiler]
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

MIB, that's because the new series is a continuation of the manga instead of a continuation of the anime, which was different from the anime.

Like it's an adaptation of the second part of the manga basically.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Kaz on July 25, 2013, 01:16:14 AM
MIB, that's because the new series is a continuation of the manga instead of a continuation of the anime, which was different from the anime.

Like it's an adaptation of the second part of the manga basically.
Oh...I only read a few chapters...but I guess i should have noticed when I saw a few things. 

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

bluaki

I actually quite like the new Rozen Maiden so far.

Quote from: The Last MIB on July 25, 2013, 12:52:53 AM
I mean, come on.  I can't even believe that he's ditching his classes for this shit.
They show that, even before getting into doll-making, Jun wasn't a particularly great student. Although he's good enough at understanding it to silently call all his classmates idiots, he doesn't care much for it and probably skips often; the classmates' reactions might also imply they don't see him often. He's at least better about attendance than he was in middle school.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: bluaki on July 25, 2013, 03:11:07 AM
I actually quite like the new Rozen Maiden so far.
They show that, even before getting into doll-making, Jun wasn't a particularly great student. Although he's good enough at understanding it to silently call all his classmates idiots, he doesn't care much for it and probably skips often; the classmates' reactions might also imply they don't see him often. He's at least better about attendance than he was in middle school.
Yeah, you're right...

Maybe more-so ditching work. 

Anybody know anime where some neet or somebody in a similar situation tries to make better of their situation other than NHK? 

Go Up