April 15, 2024, 10:33:41 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

Quote from: Kaz on May 29, 2013, 08:11:17 PM
i watched index first and i think that helped me enjoy railgun more because i looked forward to touma cameos and stuff. they more or less take place at the "same time" for about half of index, but the latter half takes place later than the first season of railgun

i read the railgun manga and i won't watch s2 until i get far enough in the manga where there'd be no spoilers if i watched it
but watching Index S1 already spoiled you for this part of the Railgun manga

Have you read the Sisters arc of the manga? It'll take a long time for this anime series to finish that arc.

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on May 29, 2013, 09:57:23 PM
but watching Index S1 already spoiled you for this part of the Railgun manga

Have you read the Sisters arc of the manga? It'll take a long time for this anime series to finish that arc.

yeah, i suppose that's true. but i mean, that was from touma's point of view - there's stuff missing from index that's from misaka's point of view. the beginning of the railgun version of the sisters arc already had more to it than index did.

also, i've read four volumes - the sisters arc just began in the fourth volume. volume 4 ends with misaka charging at accelerator after he attempts to kill the sister that misaka had met already.

bluaki

Quote from: Kaz on May 29, 2013, 10:17:52 PM
yeah, i suppose that's true. but i mean, that was from touma's point of view - there's stuff missing from index that's from misaka's point of view. the beginning of the railgun version of the sisters arc already had more to it than index did.

also, i've read four volumes - the sisters arc just began in the fourth volume. volume 4 ends with misaka charging at accelerator after he attempts to kill the sister that misaka had met already.

The end of volume 4 is the end of episode 5

The most recent episode (7) is at chapter 25, which is the second chapter (of 8 total) in volume 5
Volume 6 features Touma's involvement (pretty much everything you saw in Index)
The Sisters arc ends at the beginning of Volume 7
There's no telling how far beyond that this anime will actually adapt canon material

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

even iknew railgun was an anime lol dp read a book

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Totla

TooB

on ep seven of dennou coil.
its an incredibly esoteric show. they mention things in that show like your're supposed to know already what it is.

Totla

four episodes into Toaru Majutsu no Index
i was worried i wouldn't like it as much as Railgun but i like it a lot yay   n_n

Samus Aran

Quote from: Chesty LaRue on May 30, 2013, 05:21:46 PM
on ep seven of dennou coil.
its an incredibly esoteric show. they mention things in that show like your're supposed to know already what it is.

yeah, it does do that

but i think that it becomes gradually easier to understand what they're talking about and none of it is overly complicated or anything

bluaki

I just watched Dennou Coil like a week or two ago
and Kannagi
and Tatami Galaxy

Quote from: Chesty LaRue on May 30, 2013, 05:21:46 PM
they mention things in that show like your're supposed to know already what it is.
Do they? I thought everything they mentioned was either explained well or seemed like you're not supposed to know what exactly it is until later.

Commander Fuckass

Rewatching Ergo Proxy because it's one of my faves

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on May 30, 2013, 10:42:15 PM
and Kannagi
and Tatami Galaxy
Do they? I thought everything they mentioned was either explained well or seemed like you're not supposed to know what exactly it is until later.

i actually really wanted to buy tatami galaxy but i couldn't find the dvd set anywhere cry;

it might be one of those stream-only funimation titles

also blu i am glad you gave dennou coil a 9, i loved it and also gave it a 9. giggle;

Commander Fuckass

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on May 30, 2013, 10:42:15 PM
and Kannagi
and Tatami Galaxy
probably. its not hard to follow or anything tho.

Go Up