April 16, 2024, 01:21:21 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Totla

Quote from: Fuck on February 23, 2013, 10:11:53 AM
if clannad "threw you for a loop" i don't think you're ready for eva
what the fuck just happened in those last two episodes i don't even

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Quote from: Totla on March 02, 2013, 02:47:13 PM
what the fuck just happened in those last two episodes i don't even

[spoiler]human instrumentality averted via shinji choosing to keep his identity and deal with the pain of living as a human rather than choosing to allow his humanity to end[/spoiler]

[spoiler]ask me about eva i'll tell you anything[/spoiler]

[spoiler]watch End of Eva first though for the full ending[/spoiler]

Totla

Quote from: May on March 02, 2013, 06:13:36 PM
[spoiler]human instrumentality averted via shinji choosing to keep his identity and deal with the pain of living as a human rather than choosing to allow his humanity to end[/spoiler]

[spoiler]ask me about eva i'll tell you anything[/spoiler]

[spoiler]watch End of Eva first though for the full ending[/spoiler]
Yeah I just did and that made more sense. I mean it was still pretty fucked but still. I guess I have a few questions
[spoiler]so was the second impact the first attempt at doing what the third impact accomplished?
what the fuck is rei
and for that matter what are the angels really?
also why can only certain people pilot the evas[/spoiler]
also
[spoiler]lol at the masturbation scene[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

Quote from: Totla on March 02, 2013, 07:17:31 PM
Yeah I just did and that made more sense. I mean it was still pretty fucked but still. I guess I have a few questions
[spoiler]so was the second impact the first attempt at doing what the third impact accomplished?
what the fuck is rei
and for that matter what are the angels really?
also why can only certain people pilot the evas[/spoiler]
also
[spoiler]lol at the masturbation scene[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

The Second Impact was the result of the Katsuragi team making contact with and activating Adam in Antarctica. Generally speaking, reviving Adam means Adam spreading an anti-A.T. Field to eliminate all Lilith-based life (humans, as opposed to Angels, which are Adam-based). So this is what happened, but on a smaller scale than what would have happened had SEELE waited around for the Angels to come fifteen years later and awaken Adam themselves (a worldwide anti-A.T. Field instead of a localized one).

They knew that this was their chance to, for a small sacrifice of destroying the Arctic, release Adam and then use his Lance of Longinus on him in order to put him into a small, controllable, embryonic state so that they could transport him out of there and use his genetic material as the basis for the Evangelions, which they knew they'd need to fight the Angels fifteen years later, as predicted by the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Rei is a clone. A series of clones, rather. But more importantly, she is the empty shell housing the disembodied soul of Lilith - humanity's progenitor and the antithesis to Adam. When Lilith's soul is merged with Lilith's body, Lilith is whole again and can spread the anti-A.T. Field to eradicate all Adam-based life.

However, in the Third Impact, SEELE made the choice to instead end all life on Earth (not just humans and animals, but also anything Adam based) and return it to a identity-less, painless state of primordial ooze in the hope that it would pave the way for humanity to evolve into something better. They did this by having all four parts combine: Lilith's soul and body, and Adam's soul and body. Adam's soul was in Kaworu, who is much the same as Rei. You could think of him as an Angel in that he's born from Adam because he houses Adam's soul. Adam's body was kept in a small case and then later fused to Gendo's hand.

The Angels are Adam's offspring. See, there were two Seeds of Life that fell on Earth. But there was only supposed to be one. One was Lilith, and one was Adam. Each Seed has a Lance of Longinus to seal a progenitor if it's deemed necessary. Since Lilith's Lance was lost or destroyed on the trip to Earth somehow, Adam's was used on him instead, even though he was actually there first and had already born the Angels. So basically, the Angels are humanity's competitor for the right to Earth. The Angels seek to revive Adam again and cause their own Third Impact - one that would simply eradicate humanity and give Adam and his Angels control over the Earth.

The Evangelions were created to avoid this - most of which were created from Adam's genetic material, but one special prototype was created using Lilith's instead - Unit-01. Shinji's, which houses the soul of Yui Ikari. His mother. Yui uses her control over Eva-01 to be able to talk between Lilith and Shinji...and give Shinji the choice of self-identity and humanity over primordial ooze. It's not really known how she had the foresight to know this would happen, because it seems like she intentionally allowed herself to be absorbed by Eva-01 during the contact experiment with it.

By the way, there's some genetic material of Yui's, whatever was left of her after she was absorbed by Unit-01, used to create Rei's body. That's why Shinji gets the same feeling from her than he does from memories of his mother.

The Evas house souls - only those with deep connections with those souls can pilot their respective Evas. Shinji can only pilot Unit-01, generally speaking, because he obviously syncs well with his mother. The same goes for her and her mother - however she and her mother were never really uh...in a very good mother-daughter relationship, to put it lightly. Asuka's traumatic memories of her mother ignoring her and even her mother's eventual suicide are much of what causes Asuka to have such difficulty piloting her Eva for a while, with her sync ratio dropping to unforseen lows. Of course, her hitting puberty really hard is also part of the problem - her mind is all full of fuckery and feelings for Shinji that she doesn't understand.

your eva database, kaz[/spoiler]

Totla

Quote from: May on March 03, 2013, 01:35:30 PM
[spoiler]

The Second Impact was the result of the Katsuragi team making contact with and activating Adam in Antarctica. Generally speaking, reviving Adam means Adam spreading an anti-A.T. Field to eliminate all Lilith-based life (humans, as opposed to Angels, which are Adam-based). So this is what happened, but on a smaller scale than what would have happened had SEELE waited around for the Angels to come fifteen years later and awaken Adam themselves (a worldwide anti-A.T. Field instead of a localized one).

They knew that this was their chance to, for a small sacrifice of destroying the Arctic, release Adam and then use his Lance of Longinus on him in order to put him into a small, controllable, embryonic state so that they could transport him out of there and use his genetic material as the basis for the Evangelions, which they knew they'd need to fight the Angels fifteen years later, as predicted by the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Rei is a clone. A series of clones, rather. But more importantly, she is the empty shell housing the disembodied soul of Lilith - humanity's progenitor and the antithesis to Adam. When Lilith's soul is merged with Lilith's body, Lilith is whole again and can spread the anti-A.T. Field to eradicate all Adam-based life.

However, in the Third Impact, SEELE made the choice to instead end all life on Earth (not just humans and animals, but also anything Adam based) and return it to a identity-less, painless state of primordial ooze in the hope that it would pave the way for humanity to evolve into something better. They did this by having all four parts combine: Lilith's soul and body, and Adam's soul and body. Adam's soul was in Kaworu, who is much the same as Rei. You could think of him as an Angel in that he's born from Adam because he houses Adam's soul. Adam's body was kept in a small case and then later fused to Gendo's hand.

The Angels are Adam's offspring. See, there were two Seeds of Life that fell on Earth. But there was only supposed to be one. One was Lilith, and one was Adam. Each Seed has a Lance of Longinus to seal a progenitor if it's deemed necessary. Since Lilith's Lance was lost or destroyed on the trip to Earth somehow, Adam's was used on him instead, even though he was actually there first and had already born the Angels. So basically, the Angels are humanity's competitor for the right to Earth. The Angels seek to revive Adam again and cause their own Third Impact - one that would simply eradicate humanity and give Adam and his Angels control over the Earth.

The Evangelions were created to avoid this - most of which were created from Adam's genetic material, but one special prototype was created using Lilith's instead - Unit-01. Shinji's, which houses the soul of Yui Ikari. His mother. Yui uses her control over Eva-01 to be able to talk between Lilith and Shinji...and give Shinji the choice of self-identity and humanity over primordial ooze. It's not really known how she had the foresight to know this would happen, because it seems like she intentionally allowed herself to be absorbed by Eva-01 during the contact experiment with it.

By the way, there's some genetic material of Yui's, whatever was left of her after she was absorbed by Unit-01, used to create Rei's body. That's why Shinji gets the same feeling from her than he does from memories of his mother.

The Evas house souls - only those with deep connections with those souls can pilot their respective Evas. Shinji can only pilot Unit-01, generally speaking, because he obviously syncs well with his mother. The same goes for her and her mother - however she and her mother were never really uh...in a very good mother-daughter relationship, to put it lightly. Asuka's traumatic memories of her mother ignoring her and even her mother's eventual suicide are much of what causes Asuka to have such difficulty piloting her Eva for a while, with her sync ratio dropping to unforseen lows. Of course, her hitting puberty really hard is also part of the problem - her mind is all full of fuckery and feelings for Shinji that she doesn't understand.

your eva database, kaz[/spoiler]
[spoiler]i love you kaz[/spoiler]

Totla

Samus Aran

Totla

Quote from: May on March 03, 2013, 08:32:05 PM
i think you mean

"perfect blue
holy shit that was fucking great"
oh yeah i def enjoyed it but some of it was sorta wat
but there were [spoiler]boobies[/spoiler] so its okay

don't let's

what if it was all just shinji's broken mind and he's really in a padded room or a coma or something

bluaki

I'm watching twgok's OVAs (one from mid-2011 and two from late-2012)
[spoiler=this line was directed at elsea][/spoiler]

also apparently there's a third season of twgok airing later this year. I think I've heard the previous seasons weren't very successful, so this surprises me somewhat.

TooB

Im watching Welcome to the NHK. i watched like 9 eps in one sitting cuz i really had nothing to do.
when i got to the "Off Meeting" ep, holy crap man, things got real....

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on March 05, 2013, 09:25:58 PM
I'm watching twgok's OVAs (one from mid-2011 and two from late-2012)
[spoiler=this line was directed at elsea][/spoiler]

also apparently there's a third season of twgok airing later this year. I think I've heard the previous seasons weren't very successful, so this surprises me somewhat.

whats twgok?

Go Up